View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2014, 09:24 PM
When you said extremely large dog, looked up Utonagan, beautiful dogs, remind me a lot of the Alaskan Noble Companion Dog, in size and look also. Also highly surprised at the price range for them, very reasonable. I'm a giant breed person so health testing of parents is always extremely high on my requirement list.
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I cannot see or understand how the £1200 for a puppy is justified. Not like the plough it back into their dogs, health testing, puppies being properly health screened etc. Totally excessive in my opinion. I know how much it costs me to raise a litter, ensuring the mother is health tested, has proper ante and post natal care, puppies vet checked and screened, worming and correct feeding etc and I would never ask that sort of money for what is an extremely large breed requiring a heck of a lot more than puggles, in fact I would be embarassed to do this.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I ask £650 for a puppy from health checked parents, all my puppies are vet checked. wormed. BVA litter eye screened, have first vax and go with 1 weeks supply of frozen raw meals and 4 weeks insurance. People are surprised at my prices, to me though I don't think I could justify charging anything like the astronomical prices these puggles cost, absolutely nothing more than profiteering from defenceless animals
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Dang just gave me another breed to think about. Going to get a playmate for Mouse in another year or so, wife said only 1 mastiff at a time tho.
I ask £650 for a puppy from health checked parents, all my puppies are vet checked. wormed. BVA litter eye screened, have first vax and go with 1 weeks supply of frozen raw meals and 4 weeks insurance. People are surprised at my prices, to me though I don't think I could justify charging anything like the astronomical prices these puggles cost, absolutely nothing more than profiteering from defenceless animals
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Lol they're not mastiffs though, so you're not doing anything Bad
Whereabouts in the UK are you, I've got puppies spread here and there, I can maybe arrange for you to meet up with one and their families so you know what you're taking on.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Sadly in the US.
Lol they're not mastiffs though, so you're not doing anything Bad
Whereabouts in the UK are you, I've got puppies spread here and there, I can maybe arrange for you to meet up with one and their families so you know what you're taking on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Oh dear, didn't see that lol. They are an English dog and no breeders in the US
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Quote from the Puggle website, would explain why the answer to the original post has only appeared now.

"Stop press just sold Alexander Oxlaid Chamberlain a beautifull fawn puggle (CHECK OUT HIS [a social network] )"
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Myra you might be interested to know that a lot of working labs in the UK are Fox Red and they are pedigree and very real I assure you , I don't think I have ever seen a show Lab that colour though...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I've heard of Fox red, but not sure if it's an approved colour
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Isn't fox red just a darker yellow? Cos some golden retrievers are the same colour, but they're still called golden retrievers (and there's just the one approved colour in that breed)

As for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain... they even spelt his name wrong on the website! lol.
If I was a breeder, I would probably not sell any of my puppies to football stars. They hardly have any time for dogs, as they're so busy with their careers..
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >