View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Its very sad that it was even a staffie cross.....I would imagine any pair of dogs of whatever type would lash out in what is a stressful and confinded circumstance.

I feel sorry for all parties...except maybe the kennel owners!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I used to work in the print, and they do sensationalise stuff - and why? because that's when people buy it!!
Rational, calm judgements don't sell papers.

I don't buy or read any newspaper, I take with a pinch of salt what is on the TV news as they too have gone down the road of sensationalising ( watched any credit crunch stuff?)

I am desperately sorry for the owner of the collie. Bad enough his dog is dead, but for the kennel owner to deliberately bury the dog then report it missing... I would throw the book at her. Twice!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2008, 10:48 AM
just opened todays Daily Mail and it is in there. So we are a day late oooop here in the frozen North
The kennel owner won National Pet Sitter of the Year at Crufts in 2006, it also says the dogs got into the collie's pen not that they were put in there.
Hard to understand how it happened to be honest going by the kennels that my 2 go to. The fencing couldn't have been up to much for a start.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I must admit I've seen some gruff looking staffies trundling around the market with their chav owners and big studded collars and I've thought...god... keep my little pugs away from it just in case it's having a bad day...

I think some of the owners round here give them a really bad name. Theyve blatantly become one of those 'status symbol' dogs alongside rotties and GSDs and it's not fair really. Even dog lovers like me can have negative thoughts about them and I'm sure if I had one of my own I'd be laughing at myself for being so stupid! Theyre such gorgeous dogs and so many people have lovely staffies, like Tonks.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Its totally the chavs who give Staffies a bad name , don't get me started on that one !
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by ssmith80 View Post
I must admit I've seen some gruff looking staffies trundling around the market with their chav owners and big studded collars and I've thought...god... keep my little pugs away from it just in case it's having a bad day...

I think some of the owners round here give them a really bad name. Theyve blatantly become one of those 'status symbol' dogs alongside rotties and GSDs and it's not fair really. Even dog lovers like me can have negative thoughts about them and I'm sure if I had one of my own I'd be laughing at myself for being so stupid! Theyre such gorgeous dogs and so many people have lovely staffies, like Tonks.
Yeah it is odd the big chunky collar thing. I would never consider putting one on Tonks, because she is a pet first and then a staff. Also I just don't see that as a reflection of her personality. She has always had nice collars, last one was a red one.....but the pink one gets an ever better reaction I've found.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by ssmith80 View Post

Just for you, Diesel with his girlfriend

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Awww great picture!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Just for you, Diesel with his girlfriend

HAHA thats excellent, thanks

I'll be sure to show Dave that later, lol, he's a big staffy fan
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I used to work in the print, and they do sensationalise stuff - and why? because that's when people buy it!!
Rational, calm judgements don't sell papers.

I don't buy or read any newspaper, I take with a pinch of salt what is on the TV news as they too have gone down the road of sensationalising ( watched any credit crunch stuff?)

I am desperately sorry for the owner of the collie. Bad enough his dog is dead, but for the kennel owner to deliberately bury the dog then report it missing... I would throw the book at her. Twice!
Wouldn't it be nice if national newspapers ran articals on how to socialize and train puppies effectively with positive methods and the great results you can get.

Unfortunately, like you say, highly dramatic headlines seem to sell papers! I rarely buy papers, but would never ever by the red top or the mail.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >