13-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
they fantastic wiggly, squiggly tummy rub monsters
Ours is that and a raspberry on her belly monster too
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Aww they do love tummy tickles, I love the little grunts they make too, when excited and silly
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 12:56 PM
And they snore for England too!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Nothing will change until the fad/fashion wears off.......a few years ago it was Rotties and Dobes seen in the rescues and GSD's have seen their share of bad times too.....at the moment its the Staffords.
A lot of the Staffs you see about are not KC reg or in some cases are not even full Staffs. I have just come back from the park and had a small audience of people watching mw throw the ball for Sal, not my throwing but the fact Sal runs out then sits when told and waits for the ball to be thrown. She was stroked and petted by at least 5 toddlers out with their Mom's doing "fishing" with those nets.... and a fisherman and his wife.

On the way back to the car, I noticed pull up behind mine a car the door opens and a Stafford dives out ...normal Stafford nut, but this one no lead and racing around barking chaising the squirrels the pidgeons...... you could see all over the park people putting their dogs on leads including me the owner a young man and a young girl just walked off the dog still chasing around hey took little to no notice of him. I sometimes wonder why I bother "promoting" for I am sure its people like that that give the breed a worse name than the young hoodies with their dog on a lead and brass harness's........................ it not the uncaring owner we need to avoid its the UNTHINKING.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I was at Hev's shop last night, and tied up outside the Coop was a lovely honey-brown Staffy. She was just sat their, looking around her, all interested about what was going on. She looked completely unruffled, and very placid.

After I'd been into the Coop, I came back out, and her "owners" were there. A small gangs of lads, listening to some music.

The Staffy was still there. I asked if I could stroke her, and was told "No, she doesn't like being touched. She'd have your hand off if you tried. She's really fierce."

And all the while this little girl Staffy was just sat there, totally minding her own business, not bothered by anything, but certainly not fierce, nor did she look like she'd take someone's hand off!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
And they snore for England too!!!
Yes, yes they do!

I didn't sleep all night the first night we got our staff, she snores so loudly. Now I have it in stereo - her in one ear my OH in the other!

Kazz, great post.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:40 PM
ive always loved staffys, was brought up with a stayy x pitball, and it was the nicest loveist soppyiest dog in the entire world it lvoed kids was never horrible or what even the are perseeved to be in the press!

my old friend has one now and its a great dog!

my auntie, uncle, and 4 cousins..........have one each!! in the same house!!! they love them to death!

such playfull happy dogs!

i keep seeing them for sale for like £170 and people just breed them and sell them, people get fed up? and put them in resuce or sell them on!

i dont think they look mean at all, unless there dressed up in a chain collar with a studded harness! (oo yes ive seen that!) then it can look quite intimadating

but ive found the people that own these dogs (even big men) are the soppyest big kids around them!

i know what you mean about papers, the size of the rorrie next door to my new place did scare me a little its bigger than me lol! BUT after seeing it stick its nose through the fence and cry to my little dog!! then play frisbee with a little boy, i was like awwww! i want one haha!!

when my mum come over she over reacts but she nearly cried when i told her it could scale the fence sorry mum! i told her not to beleive stuff in papers.......and that it wouldnt try and eat her!! (her words not mine!)

papers and media have a lot to answer for sadly
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 07:41 PM
i think its more a case of being "loved" if thats the right word by the wrong people.

That and that they are so misunderstood - people just dont realise what they are really like. They have an impression of them from the media and from hoodie thugs out with theirs and think that they are all awful dogs.

I never liked them originally until i met one - but had an opinion based on myth and hearsay. I met one and fell in love within about a minute. We were dogsitting my Oh's cousins one and he jumped in the car, jumped on my lap on the front seat and proceeded to sit their for 4 hours barking at evrery sheep we passed on the road back to edinburgh from yorkshire !!! we had him for the weekend and i honestlyd didnt want to give him back. I was in love.

Piggy grunty noises
snoring
tummy tickles
bed cuddles

and the best personality and temperament when it comes to my other baby ! a true legend dog.

I will never be without them now.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I meant to post on this the other day, but got sidetracked.

I too love Staffies. i have always liked them, but until I started my volunteer dog walking i had not had a great deal of contact with them (mainly just liked to look at the pics and stories on here). However I have now met quite a few, i can not fail to be impresses by their spirit and zest for life. Also, I'm sure some of them have not had the best start in life, but they never lose their love for people. I love them and always will now I have met so many "in the flesh"!

As you say they it's such a shame Charva land has fell for them in a big way. Hopefully they will get sick and move onto something else, except pity the next dog/creature they get their eye on.

Anyway, you can count me in, I'm a big fan
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I meant to post on this the other day, but got sidetracked.

I too love Staffies. i have always liked them, but until I started my volunteer dog walking i had not had a great deal of contact with them (mainly just liked to look at the pics and stories on here). However I have now met quite a few, i can not fail to be impresses by their spirit and zest for life. Also, I'm sure some of them have not had the best start in life, but they never lose their love for people. I love them and always will now I have met so many "in the flesh"!

As you say they it's such a shame Charva land has fell for them in a big way. Hopefully they will get sick and move onto something else, except pity the next dog/creature they get their eye on.

Anyway, you can count me in, I'm a big fan
Your so right,so many are badly treated and abused,yet their love and trusting nature is second to none.
Even though they have had bad treatment they still trust people.
They are one totally amazing breed.
As Dani pointed out a very misunderstood breed, and I sincerely hope these morons find something else to do.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >