View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I think it's a great idea, and I for one would sign and send it off.

For the most part, the DDA is a joke, it SHOULD be a DPA (dangerous people act)
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
If you go off complaining about a Rotty Ban that doesn't exist, when the Government has already said Rotties won't be banned, you're stirring up more trouble than good, yes.

By all means support DNB, that's the best plan of action!
When did the Gov state categorically that they would not add Rotts to the banned list ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
That's what I was thinking too.

Also if they do see that alot of them are the same, they will know that people are being organised about it and not just spouting off randomely
I'm only reporting that which the MP's own secretaries have said, those that write individual letters are taken note of, those that just send in cut out templates tend to be binned!
Becky
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I feel that politicians are always looking for their pet project to get them their votes and at the moment it looks like the GP are looking for a ban on Rottys because of the media hype, we all need to show them that there are more responsible dog lovers (read voters) out there to stop them even considering going down this route!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'm only reporting that which the MP's own secretaries have said, those that write individual letters are taken note of, those that just send in cut out templates tend to be binned!
Becky
Oh I agree, but if everyone has a template, (for those who are maybe nervous of trying, or dont know how to word properly, or are just too lazy ) at least they will have something to work from or re-arrange or will have the right words to play with for their own letter if they like
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
When did the Gov state categorically that they would not add Rotts to the banned list ?
I have to ask the same question. They were considering bringing in a ban on Rotties when I had my girl and that's going back to 1989. Now there's been yet MORE media hype, that ban COULD get closer to coming into force
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh I agree, but if everyone has a template, (for those who are maybe nervous of trying, or dont know how to word properly, or are just too lazy ) at least they will have something to work from or re-arrange or will have the right words to play with for their own letter if they like
Oh I don't mind a template just not a cut this out sign it and send it job.
If someone wishes to write a template which we can all tweak then I'd not have a problem with that!
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Or what about drawing up a list of useful points that would be good to include in letters each person is drawing up?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Or what about drawing up a list of useful points that would be good to include in letters each person is drawing up?
Sort of a bullet list of all pertenant points, yes good idea!
Becky
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:57 PM

The Government have said that there are no plans to add Rotties to the DDA. A lot of people more in the know/active than me on/against BSL say that Rotties will *not* be banned.

This is the link I was given when I had my moment's paranoia:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007123...dba1618_1.html
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >