Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Izzythesprocker View Post
I also have a working springer cocker cross. I find she bites me if she is over exited and that is ok if she in biting me in rough play, during which we wrestle. I am no expert, but try putting the dog out of the room if he is biting you and when his teeth touch your skin shout out something like 'ouch' or 'no'. If it is aggression I would strongly advise getting a trainer- or getting one anyway, as Izzy's behaviour improved so much with a stronger bond and mental exercise. Good luck!
This is not OK, you are giving your pup mixed signals , dogs have to learn that NO amount of biting is OK, if you have a bity pup/dog, then DO NOT play any games that stimulate the biting, its not acceptable for the dog to bite ANYTIME ...........

I have an extremely 10 week old bity pup, the more excited he gets the bitier he gets, he will hang off your legs (be that trousers or skin) he jumps up and barks and bits anythign he can ge this teeth around, we have tried the OUCH!!!! it does not work with this pup, OUCH just means you are playign the game...........

I have been teaching my pup the " off " command, when he touches skin, he is told " off" then I CLICK AND TREAT......... this is working with him, the problem with this boy is is so smart , he figures things out to quickly.....

Along with the "off" which we have expanded for many other things, ) "off" when he is hanging on to things, "off" when he has something in his mouth (usually a plant of some sort) we also just ignore him, if the "off " is not working due to him getting to worked up, we just ignore , leave the room, put our hands behind our back, and basically become boring........... you can see the little cogs working in his mind , he is beginnign to work out that biting , barking and jumping is getting him nowhere.

I am sure we have other things that he will throw at us as he matures........ my next big challenge with him is to get him to allow me to clip his face and get him to "stand" (show stance) th boy does not like being told what to do, but I am not giving up........... I will win, he just does nto know it yet...
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3