Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2011, 11:29 AM

No answer to this.

So me and oh in the local pet food shop looking for some new dry dog food to try. One of mine has gone on hunger strike and refuses to eat his food at the moment. So im reading all the labels and trying to make a educated choice. There was one of the products which looked good but you have to add water to it before feeding. I dont really like this as the food goes all mushy if not eaten straight away and i think the harder food is better for his teeth. So i asked the assitant if you had to add water to the food or it could be feed dry aswell. The reply as we stood there in the shop surrounded by sacks of top quality dried dog food products oh no you should never feed you dog any dried food its really bad for them.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 11:32 AM
PMSL...slowly edge away
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd be suggesting that he/she learn something about dogs.

What a prat.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 12:14 PM
He may mean litterally dried food not dry food. Dried food meant to be mixed before use usually swells a lot when the water is added & if this happens in the stomach can cause major problems. I always test a dry food before I feed it to see how much it swells.