Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
csbrown
New Member!
Male 

10-05-2009, 12:11 AM

Laid off and P.O'd, Innocent victims

I wrote an article that I thought some of you may be interested in. Whether you have been laid off or are happily employed, I think this is an important issue.

In Summary: I was laid off in February; My Schnauzer got pancreatitis; I took him to the animal hospital and they wouldn’t treat him unless I paid for the treatment up front. I had no money.

The article is about what a happened and all the innocent victims of this horrible economy. I wonder how many people reading this forum have ever (or will be) in the same situation. I know the issue of making a life or death decision about your pet (based on cost) happens all the time. But this economy was the result of some very greedy people. Why should my dog have to die because of them?
If you are interested in reading it, here is the link. Maybe being aware of this will help you (though I hope that you are never in a situation). Plus, you can see a photo of my now healthy dog!

[Link removed]

There is a link under the article where you can post comments. Am I wrong about this? Is the business of caring for sick pets just business?
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Wow, thats some article. I'm so glad Buck came through but what an awful situation. in the UK, the PDSA is there to treat sick animals that, ordinarily, their owners wouldnt be able to afford treatment for. A whole lot of vets in the UK wouldnt treat unless the money was paid up full, sadly this is the world we live in. Im not into politics but totally agree with everything you say. Also, sadly, the rich keep on getting richer and the poor keep on taking the cr@p
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Sorry your link has been removed. However I am sorry to hear (by what you say) that you had to experience this. As sutty has said, in England we have the PDSA and although proof of unemployment has to be shown they will take the animal on.
I'm not really into politics but I am aware of how much suffering can be caused when a job is lost then your beloved pet becomes ill.

All the best xx