Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2007, 08:09 PM
DD is a blood donor Jan.
Lord only knows where his husky blood ends up though?
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nuash GSPs View Post
Wow I would love a go at that, maybe I should try my 4 GSPs they can some times pull hard on their leads.
meet up with one of your local sibe/mal owners who work their dogs and have a go!. we are quite boring and only have sibes and mals run at our weekend gatherings, but has been known for a springer to join a sibe team
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Ive got two terriers. Fly is supposed to be a true patterdale. I only saw the mother, but by the way she's turned out i, i think i might have been done, not that it bothers me, shes a cracking dog. As Ive said in other threads, there isn't a breed standard. Ive seen them in all shapes and sizes, but the black type are normally referred to as Fell terriers. Fly is just over a year old now and has just recently started to go to earth. She wont enter an earth if 'Charlie' isn't at home. I'm not looking for a hard dog that will go head to head with a fox, she is still young and no doubt she will get bolder with time. Paddock is three quarter Pat- Quarter JRT. She uses her brain well, but is to fast when her nose is on the ground and misses a lot of rabbits. But as shes only 7 months old shes got plenty of time to slow down and will learn by her own mistakes. She has caught at least eight young rabbits when they have sat really tight and even at her tender age will bite them once and instantly drops them and then shes off hunting the next one. The only trouble is sometimes they still run off. Fly is to eagle eyed though and doesn't miss the opportunity to put another notch on her dog bed. But its not all work, at home there spoilt just like any other dog, we have cuddles on the chair, not that i would tell my mates that. Men don't do that, do they lollll
hameldal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi all,
Just to add Shadow did brilliantly at the Carriage dog trials & the Nationals and gained her Bronze Road Dog Title
She got 1 100% at her first trials and by the Nationals we managed two more in different sections as well as lot better marks in general !

This was her training just before the Nationals.
Jules xxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Fabulous! well done, would love to see more pics, thats a lovely bitch.
dawn.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Also, interesting that the dvd you mention (which I do have, it's fab!) was made by David Kennard who refuses to sell any pups he breeds to anything other than working homes - ie working sheep.

My friend has a greg pup that does agility exclusively! & another friend does Agility & obedience with her Greg pup!
hameldal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks - I dont actually have that many of her at the moment!
If you want to look at our website fell free, if you google hameldal dalmatians it will come up.
I do need to do soem more, but when we r out its normally relying on someone having a camera at the right time
Jules xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
My friend has a greg pup that does agility exclusively! & another friend does Agility & obedience with her Greg pup!

Bought from David Kennard himself, or was Greg the sire to another person's bitch? David states in his books that he will not sell pups HE breeds to non working homes.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 04:52 PM
oh right! well yes greg pups bred by Roy Goutte.
But surely if David felt THAT strongly about it then he wouldnt let people use his dogs that didnt hold the same view?

On the DVD does he state work as only "sheep work" or does he see the sports as work also ,as opposed to being pets?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
oh right! well yes greg pups bred by Roy Goutte.
But surely if David felt THAT strongly about it then he wouldnt let people use his dogs that didnt hold the same view?

On the DVD does he state work as only "sheep work" or does he see the sports as work also ,as opposed to being pets?
In his books he states work as "working sheep". Next time I get a chance to speak to him, I will ask him to clarify
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >