Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:29 PM

A gremlin in the hedge for Cassie

I always leave the front door open after our walk in the morning when they've had breakfast coz they like to go out in the garden for a play. One hour later, I noticed I hadn't seen Cassie milling around anywhere in or out, so I went looking for her. I called and called, front and back - nothing! Went into my usual panic mode thinking the worst, and eventually I found her - she was standing at the bottom of the garden just in front of the hedge, with a massive great big long bramble wrapped tightly around her neck!! I told her to stay whilst I rushed indoors and got the scissors, and bless her, she didn't panic to get free, she just stood there whilst I cut great big chunks of her long soft fur off her, so I could free her! It would have been impossible, not to mention extremely painful for her, if I'd have tried to pull it off, it must have been wrapped around her about 3 times! It was huuuuuge, and I was cut to pieces pulling it off on my bare arms

The things that dog gets up to! She's already made her mark in the local fire station book when she got her head stuck in a metal gate and we had to call them to cut her out when she was a pup! She hasn't changed much at 10yrs. old!

I think I must get out there and do some gardening
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2006, 07:37 PM
lol-Good to see Cassie has taken after her owner with these episodes..!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Bless her It's a good job you were there to help her.

Well Done x
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:51 PM
aww helen what a fright for you seeing your cassie stuck with a nasty bramble wrapped around her neck aww bless her thank god you was there to get it of her aww give her big big hugs from me and the boys
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Awwwww poor Cassie! Poor you, you must have been panic stricken. Good on her for staying still, I bet she was struggling to get to you when you shouted though! Awww bless, healing vibes to you both! Axxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Funny that Steve, most people make remarks like "with an owner like you....."

Yes Justlou, can you imagine if I had left them with the door open and gone out Or perhaps not noticed that she wasn't around anywhere Poor little mite

Thanks for the hugs Jen You should have seen the look on her face when she saw me, it was soooooo pathetic, and her big bushy tail was slowly wagging from side to side, as if to say, are you gonna help me outta this one or not!!!

Lol Ailsa, thanks for the healing vibes, I need them!! There was no time to put on any armour, my first thought was scissors Luckily she knows when I'm actually trying to help her out of a situation - like that metal gate episode!!

She probably did panic to start off with, maybe when I was calling her, otherwise it wouldn't have been wrapped around her so many times! This time though, it was NOT my fault!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 08:47 PM
aww bless her at least shes safe and sound now away from that nasty bramble
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Hope Cassie has recovered from her encounter with the gremlin, like you I would have been in a panic, glad sh stayed still till you managed to cut her free. Hope your arms and hands recover soon. Hugs and pats to Cassie.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 09:04 PM
That must have been frightening, good girl Cassie staying still....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Poor Cassie. Lucky you found her when you did Aitch. Bet your heart leapt into your mouth.......

Hugs to you both xoxoxox
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >