Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 12:03 AM

A good walk...

I took jake for a walk up to the town centre this morning, coz I like to work on his behaviour around people (and stop his excited jumping on everyone). It was really good, his behaviour was ok… still not great but he is making loads of progress

On my street, there is a wee row of 5 shops, and one of them is a charity shop that had a full length mirror outside of it. We walked by it on the way up the street, and he jumped at his own reflection in the mirror! Was so funny, and not like jake coz he isn’t a jumpy dog at all. I think he just got a fright coz he saw a dog so close that popped out of nowhere lol. Also when we walk by the shop windows he gets fascinated by his reflection, and wants to stand watching himself!

And when we past the tractors and diggers up at the shops (the path and road are all getting redone) he kept watching them, but he kept happily plodding alone. I thought he might be a bit scared coz of the noise, but obviously not…

We met an elderly woman up at town centre, and she was asking my lots of questions about jake. i stood talking to her for about 5 minutes, and she told me well done for getting jake from the sspca. She said she has got many spaniels from there, and know the staff very well.

Then, when I went to leave, she told me that it was obvious from talking to me how much I love jake I was soooo chuffed! lol. so all in all between that comment, and jakes behaviour, it was a very good walk. And jake thoroughly enjoyed it

he's a PAT dog in the making
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Well done both of you.

I remember when Skye and Fingal were little. Unlike my previous Springer (who I could take anywhere) they were a bit skitty in busy places because we lived in the country so unless we made a point of taking them to busy places they would never experinece it.

Of the two - Fingal was the boldest and most bomb proof and Skye was far more nervy.

Whilst that would still be the case in extreme circumstances like a busy town it's amazing how Skye has almost overtaken Fingal when it comes to going to the village shop or the local pub. At first I used to take him as i felt he would benefit most from the experience - now I choose to take him because he's probably the least hassle. He even gets his own free bag of mini cheddars at the local.

I guess with that in mind I should move onto getting young Breagh used to it but Skye would have none of it LOL