Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 04:55 PM

Cots and butternut squash

I made a horrible discovery on Friday - I found mould spores underneath the mattress of the carrycot I'd been using as a cot (money saving idea - carrycot + mattress from ebay + OH's crafted sturdy wooden stand as everyone told me babies grow out of Moses baskets so quickly). I cleaned it all (including the mattress) but I was horrified (it wasn't there last time I looked which was less than a week ago - I wonder if it's due to having heating on?) so, after she slept with me for two nights while her bedding was drying, we bought a cotbed at the weekend.

Now I hate shopping - it always seems to me there is loads of choice these days but nothing that does exactly what you want. But we found a nice cotbed and amazingly didn't have to take it back. But I'm so sad as it means my baby really is growing up.

I made butternut squash puree today though and she loved it so much she SMILED while eating it. SO thanks to all who suggested it. It was a HIT!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 05:13 PM
awwwww....so pleased she loved the butternut squash...brill!!! Very orange though isn't it???!!!

Glad you found a nice cotbed easily...they do grow up fast....I can't believe the size of this one, where does the time go?????!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Oh Ailsa - it was fab; I loved it too! Have saved some for Loki's dinner too so we're all on it today! It is VERY orange and went all over her nose and down her nice pink top but that was just the excuse I needed to put her in another outfit .

I saw a two week old baby today - it seems like only yesterday ....
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
But I'm so sad as it means my baby really is growing up.
Ah, but that's a good thing too. Now you get to know her better, and she becomes even more of an individual!

Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
awwwww....so pleased she loved the butternut squash...brill!!! Very orange though isn't it???!!!
Lovely bright colour just goes to show that it's full of goodies!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Ah, but that's a good thing too. Now you get to know her better, and she becomes even more of an individual!

Lovely bright colour just goes to show that it's full of goodies!
Yeah that's true . It is lots of fun now because she smiles and laughs and babbles but it's just really scary how quickly they grow up. I thought the same with Loki as a pup too.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 10:14 PM
aawww - we need updated photos missus !!!

if you are really feeling so broody for a tiny wee one - you acn have dibs on babysitting Luca for me ?????
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
aawww - we need updated photos missus !!!

if you are really feeling so broody for a tiny wee one - you acn have dibs on babysitting Luca for me ?????
Hee hee glad to ... if you'll reciprocate