Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:28 PM

swimming/hydrotherapy

i know people say swimming is good for dogs... but i feel really uneasy about allowing indie into lakes etc as they are dangerous and full of germs i guess.

i may be able to get access to a hydrotherapy pool as there is one at work... what does everyone think? are they only good for dogs with health problems, or are they good enough for doggy exercise?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I think swimming , lakes, ponds or otherwise is great for doggies. All my dogs have gone for swims all their lives and they seem to live to a good age. All but Pickles go in all year round but then they're gundogs and bred for it which is different I guess. Pickles would freeze on conatct at this time of year but Woody doesn't bat an eye lid!

Hydrotherapy is great for dogs of all ages regardless of health problems, but don't worry about them swimming in other watery places, dogs are more resilient then we give them credit for!
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2005, 11:42 PM
all mine love swimming,and the dirtyer the water the more they like it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Swimming is ideal form of exercise for them
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Well Oz will not swim (that'll have to change when he goes to hydrotherapy!!! ) - however, all my dogs previously have always loved swimming in the local rivers and lakes and no harm has ever came to them, they adore it!