View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2004, 09:23 PM
I wanted a lively dog to fit in with a busy family and the fact that OH had a boxer before was what made us decide on a boxer. Originally we wanted a white boxer but found Star first A white boxer is next on the list.
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I chose the Beagle, as we wanted quite a small and friendly dog (It was my partners first dog.) I think Beagles are pretty too. As for choosing a GSD, I needed a foot rest - lol.
On a serious note, we decided on one beacause I was once followed in a park, and I felt very vulnerable when out walking my pup in London. The thing that really drew me to a GSD after months of researching them, was how loyal and loving they are to their owners, and how true that it is. He is by my side when ever possible
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2004, 04:48 PM
I had the perfect kids' dog when I was young - a rescued Border Collie. When I came to Orkney and had a wee bit of land and plenty of open spaces to go, I had to have another BC...... and another.......

Besides, they're as cheap as chips up here! I paid £25 for my Kali, then £35 for Snorri-dog. I've seen adverts since saying "Free to a good home"! Over 50% of the dog population here are Border Collies (most farms have them, as well as all the "potlickers" *). So, the wish for a BC was easily fulfilled

*Potlickers - the local term for a pet BC, as opposed to one that "works". I have put "works" in inverted commas, because I suspect that the majority of local farm BCs do little more that keep the farmer company on his tractor!

When my Boys go back to their birth farm, though, they look like two guys in dinner suits having lunch with the guys on a building site - they're sparkling clean and their relatives are all covered in mud and s**t!

Snorri
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2