View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 03:08 PM
TW my mother hated ironing so much I used to find her ironing my ballet tights.. masochism..

Been jamming for ten years. Several thousand jars made and sold, literally, the jars come by the thousand and I lost count at 12..

Reminds me I need to order more SOON, like immediately.

Been a lovely day.. sitting out knitting and watching the critters.. will try to put a rather funny photo up later in animals section

Washing dry.. I only use the machine for sheets and towels. The rest such as it is by hand. Thanks to Vincent de Paul, our biggest Irish charity shop chain, I have abundant sheets etc. All cotton and each different and all soft. "The ladies" wash and iron them meticulously but I have to do them again as they seem to soak them in conditioner to which am seriously allergic. A tiny bit of non bio powder is all I can use.

Good blankets and duvets for E5.. pillowcases 50 cents....bliss! Means I can wait to wash until the weather will dry them. Simple living!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Mine would eat something like that, the only collar that has survived so far is a half check collar that Cariad has on, Keshi has managed to chew through 2 of them, so she doesn't have a collar on at all at home, Lona and Mabs have check chains on, the only thing that defeats them!
Took myself off shopping and treated myself to fish and peas and a mug of tea at the local market chippy.
Well.....how posh have they gone....fish was served with a slice of lemon and a very nice glass dish with the peas in, plus a sachet of tartare sauce, I know I was in the right place, but extremely strange from its somewhat rough and ready past! Old photos on the wall showning the old town 100 years ago and staff dressed in matching outfits
I took some piccies of Mabs and Keshi on the river using my phone camera as have dropped my camera in at the man who mended my laptop as the lens is stuck open.
I looked at my tablet and all the piccies have appeared on there, by some form of magic they have transferred themselves from my phone to my tablet and from there onto photobucket I feel somewhat redundant
I too remember the school uniform trips, cannot believe my youngest was 36 a couple of weeks ago, where have the years gone
Am now going to have an hour with my book and a cup of tea before tea time, girls are having very large meaty bones, so not a lot of effort required for them, and as I've had a massive fish not an hour ago I'll have a sandwich later on as am really full, easy night for me or what
My mother used to iron towels , t towels and underwear I draw the line at that, just t shirts, jeans, combat trousers and bedding gets ironed, sometimes trakkie bottoms if they look like they need it
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Posted this on a new thread but cannot resist putting it here too...
Feral by the way is fully aware wee dog is there just waiting for her to get too close so he can biff her.

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 03:33 PM
she only ever wears a collar when walking and generally it is for ID, it is a martingale collar so should in theory be the same set up as her half check, if i need to i can swap the collars over when we go back to training
mmmmm chips, i could just go a bag of chips, sounds very posh for a market, ours give you chipped mugs etc. how clever of your phone to do all that for you....i have spent 2 days faffing with my computer, i think i need another one which will take me months to save up for
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Lol, Rosebud that looks like something my 2 would get up to
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 03:39 PM
I was VERY good and didn't have chips. Yeah that was about the standard the chippy worked to, fish are massive though and beautiful to eat as are the chips and peas, today was quite a shock to my system what with the corporate image, tartare sauce AND the slice of lemon, what next Earl Grey tea
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I was VERY good and didn't have chips. Yeah that was about the standard the chippy worked to, fish are massive though and beautiful to eat as are the chips and peas, today was quite a shock to my system what with the corporate image, tartare sauce AND the slice of lemon, what next Earl Grey tea

Making me hungry for chips.. tough, Rosebud, the nearest chippy is many many miles away and knowing me I would eat three and the dogs would get the rest.. ah well
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Afternoon all,

I have had a very hectic week on holiday from work. Charly and Ash arrived Sunday with Harley and we have been out and about everyday doing things, including a trip to Pleasurewood hills with my son, DIL and grandson. Tomorrow Charly and Ash are going on a champagne balloon ride early morning, then we have to be at my sons for a BBQ at 1pm and then we are going to karaoke tomorrow evening. Monday they will be leaving for a few days in Devon with Ash's family.
Tue I will be back to work for a rest .
Today is Harleys 4th Birthday the first one he has ever spent in a proper home where he is loved. You wouldn't believe the amount of pressies he has got today. He is such a good gentle boy you would never think he had spent his life being beaten and starved in Ireland to see him now. I will put some Pics of his birthday celebrations in the pic area.

Lynn I have been reading back and see you have also been away this last week. It sounds as though you all had a fabulous time too and Dillon enjoyed himself and was a good boy.
Now I have forgotten everything else. I really will have to try and keep track daily again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi Bev glad you are enjoying your holidays and happy birthday to Harley.

Well what another lovely surprise our eldest Mark is 33 on Friday and we thought we may be going over to see them when he wasn't working. He is on holiday this week it turns out and Tracey has next weekend off so they are coming up on the Saturday and staying over till Sunday. Michael Tuesday Mark and Tracey and the Grandchildren Saturday and Sunday that has put a spring in my step I can tell you.

We bought a tele this afternoon popped into Tesco for a few bits and they had Blaupunkt tv's half price 32 inch so we treated ourselves with some of the money left over from our surprise council tax refund.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Awwww Lynn wonderfull to have all you family around , never mind a spring in your step you'll be doing Cartwheels
Enjoy spending time with the family
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >