Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Dogs with breathing issues should not be bred it just passes the problem on to future generations.
Dogs with skin issues should not be bred for the same reasons.
Dogs with HD should not be bred as it just produces more crippled dogs.
Dogs with aggression issues should not be bred as it just creates a future generation with issues.
Do I need to go on????????????
A leading vet has called for pugs and bulldogs to be banned.

Dr Gerhard Oechtering, a veterinary professor at Germany’s Leipzig University, claims it is unethical to breed the popular pets because they are often unable to breathe properly.

Speaking on a new BBC4 documentary, Pedigree Dogs Exposed – Three Years On, which is due to be screened tomorrow night, Dr Oechtering calls for flat-nosed breeds to be mated with long-nosed ones so that over time new generations do not suffer from blocked airways.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4cRdFzNcU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on [a social network]

What veterinary college did you attend?
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Yada yada yada yawn yawn yawn ad infinitum
The psychological term for that is DENIAL

Dr Gerhard Oechtering, a veterinary professor at Germany’s Leipzig University, claims it is unethical to breed the popular pets because they are often unable to breathe properly.

Speaking on a new BBC4 documentary, Pedigree Dogs Exposed – Three Years On, which is due to be screened tomorrow night, Dr Oechtering calls for flat-nosed breeds to be mated with long-nosed ones so that over time new generations do not suffer from blocked airways.

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
The psychological term for that is DENIAL

FFS I'm not being rude I am at least using my own words and thoughts, you on the other hand just copy and paste what others have written. There is no point talking to you as your mind is closed, you're fixated on what you read online just like NickyAnn who I believe are one and the same.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 03:19 PM
FFS I'm not being rude I am at least using my own words and thoughts, you on the other hand just copy and paste what others have written. There is no point talking to you as your mind is closed, you're fixated on what you read online just like NickyAnn who I believe are one and the same.
I am forcing you to argue with veterinarians who know how sickly all pugs are. The fact is that you do not like arguing with vets because you can not succeed.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed showed puppies bred with inherited diseases and deformities and featured pugs with breathing problems, bulldogs unable to mate or give natural birth, boxers with epilepsy and a prize-winning Cavalier King Charles spaniel with syringomyelia, a condition that occurs when a dog’s skull is too small for its brain.

The graphic footage provoked an outcry and led the BBC to scrap the TV coverage of the world’s biggest dog show, Crufts, after 42 years - even though it regularly attracted audiences of 14.5million.

The follow-up programme, which is to air just 10 days before this year’s Crufts at the NEC, Birmingham, will show that puppies are still being bred to standards that encourage unhealthy dogs and lead to their suffering.

This is despite the Kennel Club, which polices pedigree dogs, introducing sweeping changes.

The new programme is to focus on the poor health of pugs and bulldogs, flat-faced dogs known as brachycephalic breeds. These dogs often suffer from blocked airways.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4cRglygWX
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 03:25 PM
I am forcing you to argue with veterinarians who know how sickly all pugs are. The fact is that you do not like arguing with vets because you can not succeed.
You mate are not forcing me to do anything.
Pedigree Dogs Exposed showed puppies bred with inherited diseases and deformities and featured pugs with breathing problems, bulldogs unable to mate or give natural birth, boxers with epilepsy and a prize-winning Cavalier King Charles spaniel with syringomyelia, a condition that occurs when a dog’s skull is too small for its brain.

No one denies there are badly bred dogs but get your facts right no breed is immune when people start chasing £££££££ signs

The graphic footage provoked an outcry and led the BBC to scrap the TV coverage of the world’s biggest dog show, Crufts, after 42 years - even though it regularly attracted audiences of 14.5million.

The follow-up programme, which is to air just 10 days before this year’s Crufts at the NEC, Birmingham, will show that puppies are still being bred to standards that encourage unhealthy dogs and lead to their suffering.

This is despite the Kennel Club, which polices pedigree dogs, introducing sweeping changes.

The new programme is to focus on the poor health of pugs and bulldogs, flat-faced dogs known as brachycephalic breeds. These dogs often suffer from blocked airways.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4cRglygWX

I really wouldn't quote the daily mail as though it's the holy grail

So stop copying and pasting Nicky you're boring anyone can copy and paste. Do you never have an original thought in your stupid head??????????
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 03:29 PM

So stop copying and pasting Nicky you're boring anyone can copy and paste. Do you never have an original thought in your stupid head??????????
Here we go again, anyone who disagrees with you is NickyAnn.

Did you chop off her head because she disagreed with you?
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 03:32 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-bad-business

Pugs are anatomical disasters. Vets must speak out – even if it’s bad for business

And there you have it, brachycephalic dogs (which include pugs, bulldogs, French bulldogs and shih tzus) are an anatomical disaster. Every structure that should make up the nose has been squashed flat. The only time these dogs are not in some degree of respiratory distress is when you have them intubated under anaesthetic.

I have seen it myself: a bulldog comes in panting away with blue-tinged gums (normal for the breed), I anaesthetise it and put the tube in and as if by magic it pinks up and breathes normally – presumably its body is overjoyed to actually be receiving enough oxygen for once. Breathing aside, most of these animals also have other genetic abnormalities that result in illness, from back problems to eye issues.

This week, the British Veterinary Association’s (BVA) recommendation to think twice before buying one of these dogs hit the headlines and suddenly people are talking about the issue. But if you had asked any practising vet in the past few years what they thought of brachycephalics they would have been as critical of these breeds as I am.

Do you have a heart, or will you recommend that this be continued
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Here we go again, anyone who disagrees with you is NickyAnn.

Did you chop off her head because she disagreed with you?
Nope you use the same technique, the same words and phrases and she was an A***hole too
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 03:43 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-bad-business

Pugs are anatomical disasters. Vets must speak out – even if it’s bad for business

And there you have it, brachycephalic dogs (which include pugs, bulldogs, French bulldogs and shih tzus) are an anatomical disaster. Every structure that should make up the nose has been squashed flat. The only time these dogs are not in some degree of respiratory distress is when you have them intubated under anaesthetic.

I have seen it myself: a bulldog comes in panting away with blue-tinged gums (normal for the breed), I anaesthetise it and put the tube in and as if by magic it pinks up and breathes normally – presumably its body is overjoyed to actually be receiving enough oxygen for once. Breathing aside, most of these animals also have other genetic abnormalities that result in illness, from back problems to eye issues.

This week, the British Veterinary Association’s (BVA) recommendation to think twice before buying one of these dogs hit the headlines and suddenly people are talking about the issue. But if you had asked any practising vet in the past few years what they thought of brachycephalics they would have been as critical of these breeds as I am.

Do you have a heart, or will you recommend that this be continued
Yeah that explains why my lot can romp over the woods for 2 hours every day. Get real if they were turning blue they wouldn't be able too and yet they can and do.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Let me try, yet again, to try to educate Wheeler Dealer about a rather mobile little Pug.
His name is Pablo. And he runs after my rather larger dog, Max, nipping his tail.

Then there was the kiss and make up.

Another little tail......
Pablo likes to run around the green with Max. Little Pablo isn't really of athletic build. But Max trotted along slowly enough for Pablo to keep pace.

And another.
Pablo was out wandering around. His owners wanted him home but he wasn't listening. So, I got his pal Max to walk him home. Relieved owners.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >