Our sister sites
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:12 PM
http://loveisblind.org.au/

Is your love suffocating your dog

Love is suffocating

Pedigree dogs with very short muzzles (brachycephalic breeds) such as Pugs, British bulldogs and French bulldogs generally have serious difficulty breathing as the length of their muzzle has been progressively shortened through selective breeding. However, the soft tissue inside is not reduced, blocking their airways.

Their nostrils and windpipes may also be constricted, making it even more difficult to breathe. These dogs endure the constant and excruciating sensation of being suffocated.

Some dogs will faint or collapse due to a lack of oxygen, especially when exercising or excited. Others may overheat, sometimes fatally. Many have chronic sleep deprivation. They may be forced to sleep sitting or standing up, because of their breathing problems.

These dogs often need major surgery to try to improve their quality of life. They have a formally recognised medical condition called Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Syndrome.

Now I do not have a pug, as I know better, so this is actually not my opinion so you will not win any argument from me, because you are challenging the veterinarians that treat these dogs and have to tell their owners that there is nothing that can be done
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Generally,lol
Some,lol
Often, lol
I'm not challenging vets at all my vet loves how healthy my Pugs are.
There is something that can be done for dogs with Boas, they can have an operation to remove the excess soft tissue, will cost around £2500 so best to have deep pockets but as none of mine suffer with Boas it's not a problem for me or my dogs.
The thing is I'm speaking from a basis of personal experience and knowledge and you're just copying and pasting from the net just like NickyAnn although her campaign was against the Staffie a dog she also had no personal experience of. In fact it's hard to believe that the two of you are not one and the same.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Healthy dogs can run in the park without collapsing, so do you have video of your pugs running in the park.

Nope, because the experience would deprive them of Oxygen and might kill them.

Again this is not my argument, vets are begging people not to buy these dogs.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/dont-b...-warn-6142965/

They’re incredibly popular, and extremely cute with their snuffling noses and gigantic googly eyes.

But pugs, and other flat-faced dogs such as shih-tzus and bulldogs, are vulnerable to horrific breathing problems and other illnesses due to their flat faces.

That’s why vets are urging people to buy different breeds, that haven’t had deformities selectively bred into them to suit the whims of owners.

‘We strongly encourage people to think about choosing a healthier breed or crossbreed instead,’ Sean Wensley, president of the British Veterinary Association said.

Flat-faced dogs are known as brachycephalic breeds, characterised by a short muzzle and nose.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
healthy dogs can run in the park without collapsing, so do you have video of your pugs running in the park.
maybe you could read my replies which state quite clearly my pugs get 2 hours exercise a day and give my terriers a run for their money
nope, because the experience would deprive them of oxygen and might kill them.
well they ain't dead yet, can you actually read?

again this is not my argument, vets are begging people not to buy these dogs.
no doubt because vets mainly see sickly dogs and not healthy dogs

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/dont-b...-warn-6142965/

they’re incredibly popular, and extremely cute with their snuffling noses and gigantic googly eyes.

But pugs, and other flat-faced dogs such as shih-tzus and bulldogs, are vulnerable to horrific breathing problems and other illnesses due to their flat faces.
yeah vulnerable it's not a foregone conclusion. Just like labradors are vulnerable to hip displacia, dobermanns to cancer, no breed is exempt.
that’s why vets are urging people to buy different breeds, that haven’t had deformities selectively bred into them to suit the whims of owners.

‘we strongly encourage people to think about choosing a healthier breed or crossbreed instead,’ sean wensley, president of the british veterinary association said.

Flat-faced dogs are known as brachycephalic breeds, characterised by a short muzzle and nose.
copy and paste
copy and paste
copy and paste
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Correct I am copying the opinions of professional veterinarians who treat these mutated and sickly dogs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...warns-british/

Don't buy dogs with fashionable 'flat-faced' features, warns British Veterinary Association

Dog lovers should not buy animals with fashionable “flat-faced” features, the British Veterinary Association has warned amid a rise in the number being abandoned due to health problems.

Why are you arguing with the British Veterinary Association
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Vets see sickly dogs not healthy ones none of mine have been to the vet since having their puppy jabs. They go in and get weighed etc but no treatment as they don't need it.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Healthy dogs can run in the park without collapsing, so do you have video of your pugs running in the park.
How about this little fellow running after my dog and biting his tail........

Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:44 PM
You are in denial

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...warns-british/

The BBC reported that six rescue companies, including Battersea Dogs Home and Bluecross Animal Rescue, had seen an increase in the number of dogs being abandoned due to the issues.

They suggested the numbers of animals given away had risen by nearly 40 per cent between 2014 and 2015 in some areas.

Organisations including the Royal Veterinary College, the RSPCA and the Kennel Club have echoed the warning.

Stats are kept on unwanted euthanized animals are you not aware of this
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Now show the video of him collapsing after his two foot run LOL

The BBC reported that six rescue companies, including Battersea Dogs Home and Bluecross Animal Rescue, had seen an increase in the number of dogs being abandoned due to the issues.

They suggested the numbers of animals given away had risen by nearly 40 per cent between 2014 and 2015 in some areas.

Organisations including the Royal Veterinary College, the RSPCA and the Kennel Club have echoed the warning.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 01:57 PM
No panting Pugs here

Just dogs being dogs without a pant in sight.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »