Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 09:29 PM

Should short nosed dogs be banned?? YES

http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...irway_syndrome Why are breeders breeding dogs that can not breath properly, and why do kennel clubs allow this.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Really and what about all the short nosed dogs as you call them who manage just fine?
If you don't like short nosed dogs best you don't get one but what makes you think you have the right to prevent others from owning them?
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 11:00 PM
What makes you think you have the right to breed or cause to be bred dogs that can not breath properly. All pugs are effected, no exceptions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-breathe.html

You are in denial
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:27 AM
This is normal for a pug, and it's excruciatingly sad

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Well of course if it's in the daily mail it must be true lol.
I have 5 Pugs some from well chosen excellent breeders who care about the welfare of their Pugs and a couple of rehomes, none of them have breathing issues, none of them snore, certainly don't have trouble eating etc etc They can run about like lunatics just like my terriers do.
You posting a vid of a Pug with breathing issues proves nothing except that Pug has breathing issues. That dog is also overweight so could do with a better owner, it's bad enough the dog has breathing issues without allowing him to pile on the pounds and exacerbate the issue. I live with my lot every day and they are fit and healthy and my vet who they rarely see always comments on how fit they are. Of course there are Pugs with issues just as there are a multitude of Labradors and Gsd with Hip dysplasia blighting their lives I'm not suggesting they be banned. What is needed is better breeding practices across the board and an end to indiscriminate breeding of all dogs.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Really and what about all the short nosed dogs as you call them who manage just fine?
If you don't like short nosed dogs best you don't get one but what makes you think you have the right to prevent others from owning them?
I wouldn't give him the time of day.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Should they be banned .....NO .....
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:40 PM
How many severely mutated dogs that can not breath properly does the World need? This vet calls the pug breed a mutant, which it clearly is.

Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:44 PM
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...irway_syndrome

If you are claiming that Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome in Dogs is not real, you have a lot lore to deal with than the daily mail which is correct anyway.

Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome is the medical term related to various upper airway problems found in short-nosed, flat-faced dog breeds such as the Pekingese. A brachycephalic (meaning to having a short, broad head) breed may experience partial obstruction of the upper airway due to physical characteristics such as narrowed nostrils, an overly long soft palate, or collapse of the voice box (also known as the larynx). Breathing difficulties may also occur because of an abnormally small windpipe (or trachea), another characteristic common to brachycephalic breeds. Some of the more common brachycephalic breeds are the pug, bulldog, boxer, chihuahua, and shih tzu.

The condition or disease described in this medical article can affect both dogs and cats. If you would like to learn more about how this disease affects cats, please visit this page in the PetMD health library.

Symptoms and Types

Symptoms of an obstructed upper airway may include snoring, rapid breathing (or tachypnea), noisy breathing when inhaling, frequent panting, difficulty eating or swallowing, coughing and gagging, inability to perform physical activity, especially in warm, humid weather, and occasionally physical collapse. A physical examination may reveal further indications, such as stenotic nares (narrowed nasal passages), abnormally high body temperature (or hyperthermia), and increased respiratory effort evident by open-mouth breathing and constant panting.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...irway_syndrome

If you are claiming that Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome in Dogs is not real, you have a lot lore to deal with than the daily mail which is correct anyway.

Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome is the medical term related to various upper airway problems found in short-nosed, flat-faced dog breeds such as the Pekingese. A brachycephalic (meaning to having a short, broad head) breed may experience partial obstruction of the upper airway due to physical characteristics such as narrowed nostrils, an overly long soft palate, or collapse of the voice box (also known as the larynx). Breathing difficulties may also occur because of an abnormally small windpipe (or trachea), another characteristic common to brachycephalic breeds. Some of the more common brachycephalic breeds are the pug, bulldog, boxer, chihuahua, and shih tzu.

The condition or disease described in this medical article can affect both dogs and cats. If you would like to learn more about how this disease affects cats, please visit this page in the PetMD health library.

Symptoms and Types

Symptoms of an obstructed upper airway may include snoring, rapid breathing (or tachypnea), noisy breathing when inhaling, frequent panting, difficulty eating or swallowing, coughing and gagging, inability to perform physical activity, especially in warm, humid weather, and occasionally physical collapse. A physical examination may reveal further indications, such as stenotic nares (narrowed nasal passages), abnormally high body temperature (or hyperthermia), and increased respiratory effort evident by open-mouth breathing and constant panting.
Where did I say Boas wasn't real? What I said if you could drop your agenda for a minute was not all Pugs suffer with Boas, mine certainly don't. Just because a vet has gone into print about it doesn't mean every Pug has Boas, they don't and I believe even he said many not all. Yes some Pugs, Bulldogs, Boxers etc do but by no means all.
You're wasting your breath trying to educate me about stenotic nares and Boas when I'm fully aware of the pit fulls and all 5 of mine have avoided the issues.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »