View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-12-2015, 10:33 PM

What are the biggest problems in the dog world right now?

We seemed to have made so much progress, but what, if anything, still needs work?

Yes, this is your chance to have a rant
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2015, 12:53 AM
Where do start!

Irresponsible ownership the people which do not bring up their dogs properly, don't contain their dogs, don't keep them from breeding or worse yet breed them intentionally without the proper knowledge.
Then there are claimed "bad" dogs that are really just bored and under exercised.

"Designer breeds" I know in the other thread you'd asked if this was more or less. I figured it was at least the same if not more. In this area certainly more with the byb / mills. In the classifieds about 80% are designer dogs. I'm against any irresponsible breeding it doesn't matter if they are pure or mixes and if these people could make the same sales on pure they would be producing them irresponsibly. However with these ads the false claims are what really drive me mad hypoallergenic, best of both worlds, healthier, ect

People who don't understand dogs at all but want to own and breed them.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2015, 01:00 AM
The puddle on my hall floor. When a Wolfie goes it can flow into every connecting room in a matter of seconds.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The puddle on my hall floor. When a Wolfie goes it can flow into every connecting room in a matter of seconds.
Cork tiling Phil, very absorbant.

On a serious note, problems in the dog world too many to list here, some of the most serious already mentioned in post 2 above.

Whatever the problems are they can be traced back to humans.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2015, 10:21 AM
People !!!!!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Yup - stoopid people are definitely up there!

Dog food is still bad imo, if anything (along with human food) it is getting worse, more processed, more preserved, etc

Not sure what's going on with the breeding situation tbh - are crosses still in fashion?
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-12-2015, 11:52 PM
Designer breeds.

Sorry but there 99.9% mixes for wants and not to improve.

Also most of them are breed from very poor stock to start with, and as a result have major health issues.

So people pay 1500 to 5000 USD for a dog that after the first year are so sickly the need to be put down or there spending thousands of dollars if not more.
NikoTheShihTzu
New Member!
Female 

20-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I think the biggest problem is bad food and peoople which don't know which food is good for their dogs and buy cheapest one as it says its ''premium'' on the packaging ...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Feed Raw and miss out the processing.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Aaagh. There are so many problems, but at the top of my list are humans, and at the top of my human list are antisocial owners. There are many many many good, decent, honest people making mistakes through no fault of their own, and the only fix for that is education, but who wants to be educated when dogs are horrible? That guy who assumes that he owns the road because he and his dogs are on it and you had better get out of his way. Those people who think that sweet little muffiekins has a right to pee wherever and bite whomever because that's what sweet tiny dogs do. And POOP FREAKING EVERYWHERE. I'm not sorry. That is just disgusting. Seriously, who wants to listen to a person exalting the praises of dogs when they've got to navigate the poopzone just to get to their closest post box, have to check under their bike fenders for bombs before they can bring their bike in where it won't be stolen, who live in terror of their toddler tipping over into a miasma of waste? ICK! GROSS! CLEAN IT UP, PEOPLE! Gah. There are a great many issues with antisocial behaviour involving dogs but leaving poop all over the place is seriously antisocial. Maybe if we didn't leave so much of a muck behind us, others would cut us a little more slack.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »