Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Finally got around to seeing it last night and really enjoyed it. Anyone else seen it and did you enjoy it as much as the others?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Went to watch it at star city, I thought it was really good!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Did you stay right until the end - did anything happen?? We normally stay right until the end of the credits as there is usually the extra bit. Because we were pretty much the only ones there though and the ushers were waiting, we left (plus which it was past my bedtime anyway).

I really enjoy them, easy to watch and a good laugh!
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes we loved it and watched it in 3d.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I wasn't sure whether to go for the 2D or 3D, we watched it in 2D in the end because of the way the times worked out. Sometimes it's difficult to know whether the 3D will bring much to it -Avatar looked amazing in 3D whereas Clash of the Titans in 3D didn't look that impressive.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I haven't even seen the first one yet! Hubbie keeps saying I would enjoy it. However, I HATED Avatar and fell asleep for part of it and everyone else I know loved it!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I haven't even seen the first one yet! Hubbie keeps saying I would enjoy it. However, I HATED Avatar and fell asleep for part of it and everyone else I know loved it!
When the first one came out, the critics gave it a bit of a slating, saying that the storyline was a bit daft blah blah blah, it would never do well. But so many people really enjoy them, they are easy to watch, you don't have to think too hard, funny, good action - bit of hacking and slashing - I love them Plus which, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack - Give them a go

Re Avatar, not a great plot granted but I loved the effects, I just wanted to reach out and touch some of the flowers Incidentally, I swear the bad army man lives 3 doors down from me
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:57 AM
i havent seen the 4th yet, but i love the other 3! have them on dvd and watch them all the time. i love captain jack yum yum
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I think you will enjoy this one too I was a little unsure as Will and Elizabeth weren't in it, Elizabeth's dad and Norrington are all gone obviously. There were a few previous characters in the 4th one so that was good and of course - plenty of Captain Jack!!