View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure who said it, but saying that the programme is supposed to be entertainment, and not a serious training programme, makes it even worse. That anybody would watch him bully dogs for entertainment, blows my mind.
I saw the video yesterday, and certain parts made my skin crawl, if that is shown on camera, makes you wonder what you don't see behind the scenes
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2011, 12:15 AM
ok.. here goes. Is it abuse, when you leave your dogs out to play by themselves?To whatch them correct themselves, take nippes,bites roll-arounds in the dirt,can you put your dog down and let them ,work it out, Disipline in the DOG world is much more HARSH than C/M could ever bee on a dog.Have you ever seen a dog put another to the ground for disipline? Iv got dogs that will bite one another out of pure ecientment!When i see C/M kick , boot. touch,redirect,haw ever you see it , the dog .its hard to watch, if you treat your dog like your child,I personaly dont.and see his tactics ,no different than a dog getting told from another dog, if i put my vid on this site ,you would get a chance at seeing DOGS being DOGS.at play and watching how disipline works in the dog world.Im just trying to put it in prespective,...... and wishing someone,c/m, got bit buy a dog?....thats discusting
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I tried the petition link but it didn't work . I just watched some montage Vids of him being abusive just today... Maybe they were different vids since I couldn't get the links to work.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
ok.. here goes. Is it abuse, when you leave your dogs out to play by themselves?To whatch them correct themselves, take nippes,bites roll-arounds in the dirt,can you put your dog down and let them ,work it out, Disipline in the DOG world is much more HARSH than C/M could ever bee on a dog.Have you ever seen a dog put another to the ground for disipline? Iv got dogs that will bite one another out of pure ecientment!When i see C/M kick , boot. touch,redirect,haw ever you see it , the dog .its hard to watch, if you treat your dog like your child,I personaly dont.and see his tactics ,no different than a dog getting told from another dog, if i put my vid on this site ,you would get a chance at seeing DOGS being DOGS.at play and watching how disipline works in the dog world.Im just trying to put it in prespective,...... and wishing someone,c/m, got bit buy a dog?....thats discusting
We're not dogs! How dogs sort themselves out relies a great deal on communication. Much of what you see when dogs are together is not so much different to watching a group of kids at play. However, parents don't behave like kids to keep their children in check and shouldn't try to behave like dogs to teach, guide and set the household rules.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2011, 12:57 AM
excactly, punching, kicking, playing just like kids, ruff tumble, PHYSICAL,UM?OK,C/M.simply uses natural ways to correct dogs ,as they would if it was an other dog and yes i know hes not a dog.I find it interesting when all that a human will do is YELL at a dog ...thats abuse. Most here will admitt that.So as soon as someone shows you how to physically correct a dog ,we are not use to it. I physicaly correct my dogs and i know what im doing,nothing abusive.im not so sure im getting my point across, but i do feel it all C/M hate. but you all love to whatch...humm...im not a fan of any trainer, and i did not get my smarts from a book.I just treat dogs like dogsand let them be as such
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 02:30 AM
sorry phil.normally i agree with u not this time
ermm.. dogs dont choke each other or kick each other in the groin
i lve with a 'pack' to you now...and no packs arnt cruel,they are short, sharp firm and fair ....and no they are not my kids they are dogs.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Same here, dogs are dogs. But I also expect them to be obedient when I call for it, I mean I do care for their needs you know, its the least they could do.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Azz, I am not a Youtube member either but I think your idea is a good one!

Wys
x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Yes , i agree, dogs are dogs.
Dogs do not deserve to be kicked with ROLLER SKATES,
If you have a dog, be as FIRM as you like, but without inflicting PAIN.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:02 AM
excactly, punching, kicking, playing just like kids, ruff tumble, PHYSICAL,UM?OK,C/M.simply uses natural ways to correct dogs ,as they would if it was an other dog and yes i know hes not a dog.I find it interesting when all that a human will do is YELL at a dog ...thats abuse. Most here will admitt that.So as soon as someone shows you how to physically correct a dog ,we are not use to it. I physicaly correct my dogs and i know what im doing,nothing abusive.im not so sure im getting my point across, but i do feel it all C/M hate. but you all love to whatch...humm...im not a fan of any trainer, and i did not get my smarts from a book.I just treat dogs like dogsand let them be as such
I am not sure you are getting a point across.

Yelling - no - its just noise. In most cases your dog will be responding to the body language not the yell, otherwise dogs would not recall to a yell. (I was on the dunes on Saturday and could not see Tassle, So I yelled for her to come, and she popped out of a bush next to me)
It has little point in correction, but I cannot see it as abuse.

However - everything falls down IMO when people start disciplining as if they themselves were a dog.
I have seen dogs discipline each other- but I'm blowed if I know everything that leads up to it, and there is no way on earth I could hope to recreate all that.... because I am a Human, not a dog. I cannot recreate the body language needed or the scents.
That is why (IMO) what he does is so flawed and yes, (again IMO) cruel.

He gives NO warnings - I have never seen another dog discipline without multiple warnings.
He sets the up for Failure, ie - he deliberately sticks them in the situations they find most stressful so he can inflict his 'training'.
- and he gives them no escape route.

When I have observed dogs, they have reacted to each others body language, even tiny subtle changes. He even seems to miss them, or maybe he just ignores them?
If so, does he pick and choose the kind of body language he responds to? Dos he also pick and choose the kind of corrections he uses?

Out of interest - does he growl or snarl at dogs?
Page 7 of 49 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »