View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Terriors
New Member!
Female 

29-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Hi, i do not seem to be able to see the original clip. Anyway, i think quite a few things that he does makes sense, but i certainly do not agree with kicking dogs......if he done that to mime he would "go for him".....as my dog would not tollerate being kicked, and rightly so.
Mungo
New Member!
Female 

24-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Can't see the video
But I love Cesar Milan he has true command over dogs .
I don't think he is cruel at all.
Most of the dogs he has have some problem usually have never been touched so are more surprised than anything .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Terriors View Post
Hi, i do not seem to be able to see the original clip. Anyway, i think quite a few things that he does makes sense, but i certainly do not agree with kicking dogs......if he done that to mime he would "go for him".....as my dog would not tollerate being kicked, and rightly so.
A lot of dog won't tolerate that sort of contact whilst aroused and it can and often does result in the handler being bitten or having near misses.

No need for it at all. There are a lot safer and fairer ways to train for both dog and owner
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A lot of dog won't tolerate that sort of contact whilst aroused and it can and often does result in the handler being bitten or having near misses.

No need for it at all. There are a lot safer and fairer ways to train for both dog and owner
Maybe he should kick the owner...........
Ever so slightly more seriously if you walk in a public park you meet dogs and owners. They come in all breeds, humans and dogs I mean.

Some incessantly shout or even scream at their dogs. Others who drag them along on the lead or feel the need to restrain them forcibly.

For me, owning a dog and being able to walk it comfortably should be a pleasure, not a chore. Isn't that the whole point?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 02:24 PM
I "nudge" Ben with my knee and sometimes my foot, but I certainly do not kick him. There is a vast difference between the 2, but I am getting very unsteady on my feet and when I have my hands full of lead and bags of poo, I would rather use a foot or a knee to reinforce my command - especially now he is deaf - than risk him pulling away from me, or whatever. To me a knee or foot nudge makes eminent sense and I see no harm in it.
Page 49 of 49 « First < 39 46 47 48 49