Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
I'm not defending the guy but you guys are talking about him like he outright hauled off & used the dogs as a soccer ball. All I saw is him reach back with his heel & nudge the dog. Geeze his touches wouldn't even phase my Izze wouldn't use them on Jo, she mentally couldn't handle it so I don't do it because she listens & doesn't need it.

All the dogs I have seen yelp is due to the fact that they are concentrating on something & the touch startles them, dogs yelp when they are startled, I have seen Jo yelp when she jumped into a pile of leaves one time & there was a couple of mice in there lol.
your not defending the guy, then you go on to ............defend the guy!
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I just don't think he is this evil person everyone makes him out to be. Is his show for Entertainment only? Yes, should people be trying his methods on the street, even tho that is the case sadly.

Sorry but that is my opinion, & I don't think I should be belittled & bullied for it thank you very much. Besides those clips are old, he's made an attempt at progressing since then.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm not defending the guy but you guys are talking about him like he outright hauled off & used the dogs as a soccer ball. All I saw is him reach back with his heel & nudge the dog. Geeze his touches wouldn't even phase my Izze wouldn't use them on Jo, she mentally couldn't handle it so I don't do it because she listens & doesn't need it.

All the dogs I have seen yelp is due to the fact that they are concentrating on something & the touch startles them, dogs yelp when they are startled, I have seen Jo yelp when she jumped into a pile of leaves one time & there was a couple of mice in there lol.
so u missed the kick in the groin? and the bulldog?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Watch the slowmo of the clip that starts at around 1:06 and you see the dog's whole body move as a result of the kick, that's not a nudge. 2:05 too, the dog's backend visibly moves because of the kick (before the dog swings itself around). Ditto with the GSD he kicks with his skates, and so on.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Sorry but many of the dogs reactions are way over the top for them to be merely startled. And those kicks really don't look hard enough to hurt in most cases so WHY the extreme over reaction to them on the dogs part? And why does he need to kick if all he wants to do is startle them?

I bet you if I walked down the street and kicked Rupert like that every time he did something I didn't like people would say something.
exactly

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I agree with Sarah.

Do you know what I find more shoucking is owners standing by and allowing him to do that to their dogs WTF I'd have ripped his head off!
yes, i think its a combination of emporars new clothes and sometimes he is just so subtle - i didnt notice first time, wondered why the dog was acting so odd

I just don't think he is this evil person everyone makes him out to be. Is his show for Entertainment only? Yes, should people be trying his methods on the street, even tho that is the case sadly.

a big problem is that people dont see it is entertainment, take his word as gospel and copy him
personally i see nothing entertaining about scared dogs kicked till they react then strung up on a noose till they 'submit' (run out of air)

Sorry but that is my opinion, & I don't think I should be belittled & bullied for it thank you very much. Besides those clips are old, he's made an attempt at progressing since then.
Yes of course you can have your opinion, I would never wish to bully or belittle you for it
but
i would wish to question you to understand why whay we see is so different, i found that clip upsetting and it made me angry

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Watch the slowmo of the clip that starts at around 1:06 and you see the dog's whole body move as a result of the kick, that's not a nudge. 2:05 too, the dog's backend visibly moves because of the kick (before the dog swings itself around). Ditto with the GSD he kicks with his skates, and so on.
yes kicking with skates on was just horrible, if i saw anyone do that in the street i would have them charged
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:32 PM

I think the major problem with CM is that he is an 'entertainer' rather that a dog trainer. He is excellent at marketing and those looking for that elusive magic pill WILL try this at home no matter how many words are put on screen

To be honest, the guy's methods are a throw-back to 40-50 years ago when dogs were dogs and didn't really have emotions or feelings. Some terrible things were done in the name of training then. Thankfully, most have moved on, but there are still the die hards and 'entertainers' around.

Unfortunately, this 'entertainer' is setting back progress in the training world by reaching such a wide audience

Like Dog Borstal, the craze will pass, but until then he keeps many behaviourists in business
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Couldn't get the vid to load on here so I went to the you tube site & viewed it & yes he does do a lot of things that I personally wouldn't even think if trying on my dogs, but it seems as though he doesn't do that anymore, I guess public opinion has changed his ways.

the issue I have with this board is it seems you guys think every thing adversive for the dog is wrong, got forbid the dog be uncomfortable even emotionally so. You guys would wet at the way I talk to Izze sometimes when she is in trouble, like a drill Sargent chews out his cadets. Of course I would never strike either one of them, use a prong or an e collar, bit when I give them a direction that I know they understand, no matter what the circumstances I expect it to be followed.

I guess MY upbringing comes into play there as I was raised by a retired army dad lol.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I've never watched a whole programme because he just sets my teeth on edge from the minute he opens his mouth

I've tried many times but never get past the first few minutes.

Having seen that video I don't want to see any more. Can't stand all the dress up and hype to cover that sort of treatment not what I would call entertainment. Just wonder how often he has actually been bitten and if he hasn't he's been damn lucky!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh he is bitten quite often, although I hate that he has put the dog into the position that it feels it has to bite I do give a little cheer when they do
(although this then gives the dog a bite history)
Shows how amazing dogs are tho that they only ever give him nips and inhibited bites - if that were me I would take his arm off
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Couldn't get the vid to load on here so I went to the you tube site & viewed it & yes he does do a lot of things that I personally wouldn't even think if trying on my dogs, but it seems as though he doesn't do that anymore, I guess public opinion has changed his ways.

the issue I have with this board is it seems you guys think every thing adversive for the dog is wrong, got forbid the dog be uncomfortable even emotionally so. You guys would wet at the way I talk to Izze sometimes when she is in trouble, like a drill Sargent chews out his cadets. Of course I would never strike either one of them, use a prong or an e collar, bit when I give them a direction that I know they understand, no matter what the circumstances I expect it to be followed.

I guess MY upbringing comes into play there as I was raised by a retired army dad lol.
Animal abuse/cuelty is whats going on here & it is NOT acceptable whatever way you dress it up. No one should inflict PHYSICAL PAIN on a dog under any circumstances.
Its not 'TRAINING' Its using FORCE & VIOLENCE.

Talking in a stern voice is not even on the same level as CMs Groin kicking.
Page 4 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »