Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
If it's just a nudge or a firm touch why do the dogs jump like they do? Why do some of them yelp? Why do some react aggressively? Oh, wait, it's because he takes them by surprise. Right?

I find CMs methods disgusting and that video doesn't surprise me at all.
I wondered about this as well....I also wondered whether there was any other conditioning to the 'kicks' that goes on behind the scenes.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I didn't watch it all, because it makes me want to MEET HIM just so I can say +*^*^**/+*&^^^^******** then kick touch him

I have never watched a full program of his even years ago when he first started showing, anyone with an ounce sense would know that dogs do not go from sit to aggressive in an instance without a provoke..............I know one thing he has taught me go from sit to provoke, just looking at him without the other stuff he does.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I wondered about this as well....I also wondered whether there was any other conditioning to the 'kicks' that goes on behind the scenes.
I've also wondered about conditioning. To me most of the kicks don't look that hard, mine wouldn't yelp or jump a mile if kicked with the amount of force CM appears to be using (I've accidentally booted him a few times when he's lunged across me) so is there conditioning going on? Is he aiming for a particularly sensitive spot? Steel toe-capped boots? What? Or maybe I'm just misjudging the force he's kicking them with?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Yes I thought so as well, seems some of his more gentle kicks get OTT reactions - a gentle foot tap would not get a dog spinning round and sitting with ears right back
Heck I stamp on my dogs paws far too often, they yelp but they are not cowed (not in training tho - just cos I am v clumsy)

But some of them were pretty hard kicks too

Also what shocks me the most is how GOOD at these subtle kicks he is, dosent even break stride - many I didnt see it till the replay - so how much are we missing in the show?

and in all of them most were not corrections but timed to MAKE the dog react
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:20 PM
A dog that has never been hurt by a foot will not jump at a `nudge`. A dog who has been hurt in the past by a foot will.
Draw your own conclusions.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Hate him, hate his theory, hate his "touches"... hate

I wish people would just CLUE IN! There is no need for this crap
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:30 PM
That made for some very uncomfortable viewing.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yes I thought so as well, seems some of his more gentle kicks get OTT reactions - a gentle foot tap would not get a dog spinning round and sitting with ears right back
Heck I stamp on my dogs paws far too often, they yelp but they are not cowed (not in training tho - just cos I am v clumsy)

But some of them were pretty hard kicks too

Also what shocks me the most is how GOOD at these subtle kicks he is, dosent even break stride - many I didnt see it till the replay - so how much are we missing in the show?

and in all of them most were not corrections but timed to MAKE the dog react
I find the reactions of some of the dogs very worrying
On the occasions when I have accidentally trodden on one of my dogs or caught them with my foot from their reaction you would think I was one who had been hurt , I am licked and a big fuss is made of me by the 'hurt' dog . I guess it is a trust thing, my dogs know I would not hurt them .

To take one example from the video look at the dog at approx 1min 57sec, he cowers and yelps when CM kicks him either he was hurt and/or is not being kicked for the first time....
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I tend to wonder if the kick's been paired with something more painful (and probably collar shaped) off-camera first.

Could make a few suggestions of alternative places to kick - but they wouldn't be on the dogs.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:11 PM
It made me feel sick. He really is just Vile "man".
Page 2 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »