register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Which CM methods do you use on your dog?
Do you make sure your dog has enough exercise? 26 68.42%
Do you use "calm Energy" when handling your dogs? 7 18.42%
Have you ever used Foot tapping for attention? 1 2.63%
Have you ever used Foot tapping for correction? 0 0%
Have you ever used "tsstg" for attention 1 2.63%
Have you ever used "tsstg" for correction 1 2.63%
Have you ever used the "hand bite" for attention 0 0%
Have you ever used the "hand bite" for correction 0 0%
Do you use prong collars 0 0%
Do you use the illusion collar, or other NONslip slipcollar 0 0%
Have you ever used flooding to overcome your dogs fear 0 0%
Have you ever pinned your dog to the floor 1 2.63%
Have you ever pinned your dog to the fllor for any reason other than aggression 1 2.63%
Do you alpha roll your dog? 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I don't follow any of his methods.

What makes me laugh about that program is the owners. When he asks them how much exercise they get, the response is often "Oh, Fluffles gets a walk at the weekend and then just runs around the yard". And then they wonder why Fluffles is misbehaving? it just astonishes me how lacking in common sense some people are. If you can't be bothered to peel your butt off the sofa to entertain your dog at least once a day, don't get one!
Exactly! My sister in law is one of these. Then says she has a difficult dog and how lucky I am to have a well behaved dog. She just doesn't get it, she makes me so mad.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:08 PM
i hit the first one too. but my dogs have offlead exercise so they set the pace and are free to sniff, meet other dogs and basically enjoy their walk.

i do think exercise has alot to do with keeping your dog happy and healthy (plus it helps me too!) and it's a massive social event for them aswell.

i've never understood the logic behind making a dog walk on the lead without allowing it too sniff etc.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:10 PM
None of them. I feel you cannot include exercise because only an idiot would not exercise their dogs.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Annajayne View Post
None of them. I feel you cannot include exercise because only an idiot would not exercise their dogs.
Unfortunately there are a lot of them around
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh, and not the CM exercise way either where they have to stay behind you and you are not supposed to let them stop and sniff and be a dog and god help them if they do because you're going to yank that choke chain.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I put exercise, but as others say I don't do it because of CM but because it's what we know and is common sense etc

Wys
x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 05:53 PM
What im Trying to do is to pull the both camps on the common ground.

My dogs are exercised properally & im calm around them, this is not learned via CM , but it is common ground!!!!!
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2009, 06:01 PM
It's a strange thread!

Someone said to me recently that pining a dog down is natural behaviour for dogs and that CM causes no pain when he does it.
But what about the fear?! Fear can be worse and longer lasting.

The more I see the man the more annoyed I get. HD really needs to take four years out to re-educate himself, IMO.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry Mish I am going to say none .
It's a bit like saying 'which traits belonging to the murderer do you agree with' he is kind to his mother, feeds the birds, likes apple pie .

Well yes of course we all agree with those 'standard' things but I would still prefer to steer clear of him thanks because of the 'unspoken traits'
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Well I ticked the first box, but then thats all you can tick at one time.

As ours are mainly off lead exercised they obviously get plenty, to our 7 miles they do around 12 miles.

I don't really like CM and I haven't got the patience to watch his programmes either he doesn't really do it for me I am afraid, I see nothing about (on the ones in the past that I have watched) which would suggest mental exercise, like agility, flyball, hide and seek, doing jobs, finding thier dish, fetching the letters etc.,

So I sort of figured giving a poke and doing ''sush''(or whatever that noise is he makes) probably wouldn;t really satisfied these
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »