register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 84 « First < 34 74 81 82 83 84
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I think we are getting into silly place again (both sides)

What I see is
Most of us pretty much treat our dogs the same, we just credit different people the ideas behind what we do. We walk them, play with them, feed them, give them a safe place to live and sleep, love them, and train them (or give them rules or whatever we call it) Some may be a little more or less shouty at our dogs but as far as I can see NOONE ON HERE ABUSES THEIR DOGS - we might not agree with everything, it might not be perfect but we and the dogs are pretty happy and know where they stand
The points where we differ are in some of CM's more harsh methods
With one exception noone on here feels the need to do some of the more extream methods CM uses
The antis find these methods cruel, the pros dont - but they havent needed to use them anyway
As these methods are the major way CM differs from lots of the other trainers the antis tend to mean these methods when talking about CM's methods. The pros tend to mean being calm and having rules (which is something I think we all do)

I feel the methods are cruel, I will always speak up when I think I see cruelty, I get frustraited when others dont see it. But as I dont think any of you are cruel people and you dont do that to your dogs then I guess I am just going to try and understand what you are all seeing.
I will always put forwards what I see as cruel tho - as someone else may be helped by reading an alternative point of view.

Cheeky, you havent failed your dog - and it is hard to stay calm when you see distruction - I know, my two are pretty good but sometimes a dogs gotta chew - I just take myself away and shout at me for leaving something there that they could chew

Scarter
Your post has been bugging me all day - and I am glad others have commented too
I totaly compleatly dissagree that we should just put up with calm well balanced dogs attacking unbalanced dogs! If you believe this then you better never get ill because then your dogs will attack you, older dogs would never be able to leave the house for fear of all the young things attacking them
and a stable dog does not ever attack without warning - if you look you will see it

In the situation with Mia although I think of her as an unbalanced dog outside she is ALL warning - people think she is agressive but even the once she was off lead and charged another dog she was only shouting in its face she never made contact or got closer than about 2 feet away
(yes I know she is asking for a dog to attack her - which is why I am careful - but she is not attacking)

On wed (I can still see it in slow motion in my head) She got a fright and turned and shouted in Storms face and air snapped - it was extream but not an attack, Storm turned his head away (calming signals) Mia backed off. Lucy launched silently from behind Mia (first bite marks are on Mias back - after that she was pinned on her back)

Unfortunatly now the story going about the street is Mia attcked Storm and poor Lucy was defending him
and a number of people asking 'dont you think that will calm Mia down now she knows Lucy is the boss?' aarrggghh!! Like you didnt notice how calm I had got her before?? and now she will be 100* worse - she is giving wee growls in the direction of the gate where Lucy comes into the park
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I think we are getting into silly place again (both sides)

What I see is
Most of us pretty much treat our dogs the same, we just credit different people the ideas behind what we do. We walk them, play with them, feed them, give them a safe place to live and sleep, love them, and train them (or give them rules or whatever we call it) Some may be a little more or less shouty at our dogs but as far as I can see NOONE ON HERE ABUSES THEIR DOGS - we might not agree with everything, it might not be perfect but we and the dogs are pretty happy and know where they stand
The points where we differ are in some of CM's more harsh methods
With one exception noone on here feels the need to do some of the more extream methods CM uses
The antis find these methods cruel, the pros dont - but they havent needed to use them anyway
As these methods are the major way CM differs from lots of the other trainers the antis tend to mean these methods when talking about CM's methods. The pros tend to mean being calm and having rules (which is something I think we all do)

I feel the methods are cruel, I will always speak up when I think I see cruelty, I get frustraited when others dont see it. But as I dont think any of you are cruel people and you dont do that to your dogs then I guess I am just going to try and understand what you are all seeing.
I will always put forwards what I see as cruel tho - as someone else may be helped by reading an alternative point of view.

Cheeky, you havent failed your dog - and it is hard to stay calm when you see distruction - I know, my two are pretty good but sometimes a dogs gotta chew - I just take myself away and shout at me for leaving something there that they could chew

Scarter
Your post has been bugging me all day - and I am glad others have commented too
I totaly compleatly dissagree that we should just put up with calm well balanced dogs attacking unbalanced dogs! If you believe this then you better never get ill because then your dogs will attack you, older dogs would never be able to leave the house for fear of all the young things attacking them
and a stable dog does not ever attack without warning - if you look you will see it

In the situation with Mia although I think of her as an unbalanced dog outside she is ALL warning - people think she is agressive but even the once she was off lead and charged another dog she was only shouting in its face she never made contact or got closer than about 2 feet away
(yes I know she is asking for a dog to attack her - which is why I am careful - but she is not attacking)

On wed (I can still see it in slow motion in my head) She got a fright and turned and shouted in Storms face and air snapped - it was extream but not an attack, Storm turned his head away (calming signals) Mia backed off. Lucy launched silently from behind Mia (first bite marks are on Mias back - after that she was pinned on her back)

Unfortunatly now the story going about the street is Mia attcked Storm and poor Lucy was defending him
and a number of people asking 'dont you think that will calm Mia down now she knows Lucy is the boss?' aarrggghh!! Like you didnt notice how calm I had got her before?? and now she will be 100* worse - she is giving wee growls in the direction of the gate where Lucy comes into the park
Absolutely fabulous post, Ben!!!! I had to laugh out loud at you shouting at yourself for leaving something the dogs got hold of

It must be quite hurtful to hear what's being said about Mia Sounds like you've worked really hard with her, only to have this happen. I sincerely hope that she can get past it and that it doesn't stand in the way of the good you've achieved with her progressing
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
It's you who's bringing the subject off-topic, once again.
Yes, you. You keep saying that it's not worth your time and then start up again. Best you just shut up, stop typing and go back to jerking your tiny dogs around.

I have a picture of you in my mind and it AIN'T PRETTY
While you haven't entered my mind at all. Time pondering navel lint would be more productive and more deserving. Feel free to fantasize about me, seems that your miserable life needs a little fantasy.

You talk about me being a half-wit and yet you call me a "troll" - please, that's the sort of thing my 13 year old would say to someone who was touching a raw nerve!
You should get her to take over the account, we 'dget far more intelligent responses from than we are getting from you.

Like I said, grow a pair!
First you are dreaming about my looks and you constantly think about my junk... sounds like you are a sexually frustrated hag.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
*Thread locked pending review*
Closed Thread
Page 84 of 84 « First < 34 74 81 82 83 84