Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Incontinence?

Mums little Yorkie, Kingsley is getting on a bit now, and can't seem to hold himself more than a few hours.

She was out for 3 hours the other day, came back, and there was 3 wee's on the carpet - he used to be able to be alone all day without an accident, so we know there is a problem.

We don't know if it's just 'happening', or if he just can't hold himself.

Are there any natural remedies we can give to him to help, or just let him get on with it! (We know it's a fact of getting old!)
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:57 PM
First stop the vet, it could be a UTI and that will need treatment, could be prostate, could be kidney could be something else, so before you try medicating him yourself get an opinion from a vet.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Good advice from Pita - the vet should definately be the first port of call. As already stated it could be a UTI, incontinence, or it could be a sign that he is becoming slightly senile (I hate that word!) and he may not realise that he is doing it.

Whatever the problem, there are medications on the market that can help all of the above conditions and more. Pop him along to the vet and see what they say - it may be worth taking a fresh urine sample with you too.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Do take him to the vet, some years ago I had a bitch who became slightly incontinent at 13 & I struggled on for some months trying various remedies. When I had her at the vets for something else I mentioned it & within a week we had a diagnosis, treatment & for the two more years she lived no problems.