Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2016, 06:40 AM

Morning. Daily thread February 17th.

Morning everyone slept like a log so when I woke at 6.30 felt ready to get up.
Very cold here again and I heard on the weather forecast we may have snow towards the Midlands SE and possibly Norfolk. Weather people watching the band of weather which may bring it closely.
Sheets and towels to wash today and the house to tidy top to bottom.

Glad the girls were more settled last night June. I hope it stayed that way.
Harvey wasn't it amazing what they did for Billy the Newfie, I fell in love with him.
Very sad for Barney and his people though. Plus Noel and the staff.
Nippy Jen how are your feeling now better I hope.
griff hoping Dex cat is improved today and mum is feeling less frazzled.
Sue how is the hand ? Not too sore I hope.
LG hoping the Mem's cat is also recovering satisfactorily
Hope anyone not mentioned is feeling well and all doglets too.
Wrap up warm and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn and all to follow. Much lighter this morning here. No sign of any sun though. I hope you manage to get all your washing and cleaning done Lynn. I have a Tesco delivery this morning. Not very warm here. Must get Amber out in a little while, though she has not touched her breakfast yet.

Norma, hope Mr Fritz's ear stays down and he is ok for the week. Griff hope Dex is at last on the mend and her new diet is suiting her. LG hope the Mems cat is much better now.

June, hope the girls did stay put last night without too much trouble.

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are doing ok.

Right must get Amber out, have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Morning Moyra I forgot I have a tesco delivery this afternoon.
The mornings are getting lighter here too earlier now.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Good morning Lynn, Moyra and all who follow

At least you should get out in the dry this morning Moyra an perhaps until later this evening.

Good you have some get and go Lynn, mine isnt to keen on getting up this morning

Don't overdo it though.

Thanks for asking about hand. No it isnt sore just two red lines which fortunately have split open. Sheets washed overnight so now blowing on the line and just had breakfast and about to take Teazle out. Barry has got up early and is now finishing off the patio cleaning he started the other day and broke his gun. Hopefully he doesn't get the windows dirty again or I might just send him packing.

Hope all poorly humans and furries are on the mend

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Morning Sue look after the hand make sure the open wounds do nit get infected.
My washing just starting hoping to get at least some on the line today.
Oh dear Barry needs to watch himself.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Morning all, Not been on for a day or so becasue my hand hurts too much sometimes and with my noisy head well best to avoid these things. Hope everyone else is ok. I see Sue has a poorly hand. Hope it gets better soon. My friend is still in bed with flu. I told her it takes ages to go but she is getting really cheesed off. Hope everyone is ok. bfn.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Hi all

Well patio now clean again ready for those long summer days. Also pressure washed both cars while I had the machine out. Can't think of anything else that need cleaning outside now. Sue wants me to take out two pear trees that have not had any pears on them since we moved in. Guess that is the next job on the books when the weather warms up a bit.

Oh forgot also taking down another log store on the side of the house which is another of the previous owners DIY efforts

Notice how the roof extends to cover the first conservatory window. Talk about how stupid one can get this previous owner takes the biscuit. he was supposed to have run a building company, no wonder it went bust. He must have lost his last brain cell years ago
Who said you can start taking it easy when in retirement?

So as I said that will be removed shortly as well
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Pouring down here and cold, although it is warmer than its been for a few days. Was dreading going out but bedding pretty dry and so are they, wonder of wonders that means everyone stayed put for a change. Had a quick sweep up and skip out, left heat lamps on low to encourage them to stay inside and not get themselves, then the bedding wet. All of them are in the one place as well, the big house, it must feel nicer on a day such as this. Doubt we'll get snow and the rain is forecast for most of the day.
Sue, sorry to hear your hand has split open, please be careful, Lynn's hand ended up in a real mess.
Brenda, glad you're OK, was wondering where you were, the noise is a nuisance I know, you just have to try and not listen to it. Hoping your hand isn't too painful, is it worse in damp weather or the cold.
Lynn, have an easy day today and maybe a nanny nap before or after the Tesco delivery. You've had one busy week of it, lovely the boys enjoyed themselves and they're talking of making plans for Easter, perhaps you are getting through to Joel on another level, sort of creeping up on him, as to what normal family life is.
Moyra take care of yourself in this nasty weather, keep warm and dry, and put the bluddy gas fire on!!!
Hoping Nippy's OK and nothings wrong there
Norma is it snowing where you are, and does Ms Bumblesnout like it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Morning brenda sorry about the head and hand hope you soon feel better.
Barry I think retirement allows you the time you din't have when you worked.
Hope you didn't get Sue's windows.
June it is dry and warmer here today and the sun has broken through. Hoping we don't get the sort of rain again we have been having.
Decided not to walk Dillon today cleaned the bird feeder instead and had some games and will be brushing him soon. Also getting washing sorted and done the rubbish. Won't hurt him to have a quieter day either.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Morning All - Not good news, hearing about Sue and Brenda being on the the injured in action list. Hope you're both better soon and back to full vigour.
I went AWOL yesterday as I spent most of the day in bed or rugged up in front of the fire. Had woken with what I thought was a cold and over the course of yesterday and then last night it got steadily worse until it seems pretty obvious (even to a numpty like me) that I have a dose of flu. Not the sort of thing that I usually suffer from.
Trudged out this morning with the dogs and now have returned and eaten some breakfast then I'm off back to the bed, fully dosed up. The weather is rotten - it has rained steadily for the last 14 hours here. Couple of days and I should be back to my normal miserable self! lol !
The Mem's cat seems to be on the improve - I hope the same can be said for Griff's Dex. Have a good day all and take care of yourselves, bye fer now. G.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >