Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 7th Jan.

Good moaning everyone. Hope everyone and doglets are well.
Well we had a dry day yesterday albeit murky all day. Woken up this morning to torrential rain again.
When will it stop nothing is getting a chance to dry out. Very depressing how those poor people keep going waking up to rain after being flooded already is beyond me.
I think we need to write to whoever is in charge upstairs.
Maybe we need to start building an ark.
Also have no tele signal here today it went off last night bet I end up turning it all off at the box and having to re-set it.

Hope everyone had a peaceful night in Eileen's household.
LG as far as I am aware there are no Buzzards next door. griff we do have owls round here hear them a lot. They don't seem to be keeping the rat population down though. One of the reasons we are avoiding poison is the owls and of course neighbours cats and dogs and our own Dillon.
Your neighbours are bonkers.
Well not sure if there will be anything on rat cam but I heard noises last night was very wired though probably the 3 cups of coffee I drank in the afternoon. Took me ages to get to sleep. Hopefully haven't jinxed the rat occupation in the loft by saying it had hopefully gone.

Housework for me today. Hope everyone has a good day and the rain stops.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn, and all who follow on. Very dark here this morning and torrential rain. I think Amber is going to have to wait to go out this morning, like it or not. I hope your rat problem hasn't returned. Lot colder this morning too as well as wetter and windier.

Griff, you do have some weird neighbours! I hope you are well enough today.

Eileen, hope you had a good night with the babies and Sarah is coping ok.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry, and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Morning Moyra. I am sure Amber will not mind waiting a while.
I have yet to stick my head out of the door to see if it is colder today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Good morning Lynn, Moyra and all who follow

Hope the rat hasn't returned Lynn and it was only your imagination after all that coffee.

Hopefully Amber will wait until it is a little dryer Moyra.

I too feel sorry for those already flooded having yet more rain to contend with. It is pouring again this morning and the grass even squelches when Teazle goes out - and she is only little

Hope Eileen and her household had a relative peaceful first night.

Griff you seem to attract weirdo neighbours. No you are normal talking to your dogs they don't answer back either and you can always get the right answer when asking them a question

Still dark here and Teazle has gone back to bed having been pushed out in the rain before she had her breakfast

Have a good day and stay safe and hopefully dry.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Amber and I have been out in it and it is foul. We got soaked but at least she is comfortable now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Morning Sue hate to think what the grass will do when Dillon goes out.
I have to get put Moyra think we are going to get wet. Did manage to convince Dillon to at least go outside to do a wee.

Blooming tele shut everything down and its still not responding. Can get netflix so suppose that's something. Get annoyed when it keeps telling me to do things I have done and that isn't working. Aaaaarrrggghhh.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Fingers crossed its back re-tuned again for the umpteenth time and it worked after re-setting.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Trying not to read too many posts about the r word. Give me the eeby jeebies. Don't mind pet ones but if I see or hear about them I have nightmares. Seriously. So that is why I am not on here very much at present. Anyway have managed to go out and walk Tyto without getting to wet. Going to watch some tv now and then tackle the housework as I try not to do any on a Friday so that my back is ready for those little puppy dogs on Saturday.
Have a good day peeps and they do say that it is going to dry up in a couple of hours. Hope so.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Raining here as well, although according to the forecast last night it is going to clear in the next hour or so, then girls can get out. We have cold weather forecast and am really hoping that doesn't turn the rain to snow and we are all fighting through blizzards, hoping the rain goes away, and all we have to do is wrap up warm and not dress as if we were manning the lifeboats
Did have a lot of cleaning out to do this morning, but I have had a couple of days respite from it at least. Will have to take the zillion full bin liners to the tip today as they are taking over
Don't know if my telly is working or not Lynn, maybe its a local thing, or maybe the reset you've just done will sort it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Morning brenda.
Morning June still raining here goodness knows what will happen if snow arrives as that has to thaw and will cause more flooding.

Been for our walk and it is wet, dark and blooming cold and Dillon took an age to find a spot to do a poop. Dried him off as best as I can but he remains damp for a good while and he has decided he needs cuddles.
Come home tele seems to be ok still it is a big problem round this way bad tele signal.
Hope the rain stops so you can get the girlies out.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »