View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 05:53 PM
if im going with ty anywhere where i have to get a taxi, i get a black cab, never had a problem, guess i was just lucky i have even left him in the cab whilst nipping to the cash machine so they know im coming back, they always want to talk about him, and pet him to say bye
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm often told that taxi's won't take dogs regardless of breeds in Nottingham mainly for religious reasons. When I do get asked what breed it is I always say small cross breed. Once the driver turns up its his problem if they don't want to take him but I too have had the no staffies rule on a couple of occasions.

I now use one particular compnay in my area all the time, they don't charge extra for dogs and are pretty dog frienldy so they get all my custom, regardless of wether I'm taking Boomer or not.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately the breeds (undeserved) rep proceeds it. Staffs are the choice dogs of chavs and drug dealers at the moment, and many are trained to be vicious. So with this in mind you can't really blame the taxi company can you.
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I used to have a staffie. He was also called Milo I got him when i was pregnant and my family was NOT happy about it at all. He was the best family dog ive ever had, he never once caused any problems with the kids.

But there were people that used to cross the road to the other side if they saw me coming

We also have a staffie on our dog walking books, he is the softest dog I know. He sits on my lap and savours all the cuddles before giving me puppy eyes when i have to leave!

On the topic of taxis....I cant really comment about the taxis in Barnsley, especially seeing as one of the companies has recently refused to carry a registered guide dog (which is illegal!)
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I can understand them not letting dogs in due to hair or religious reasons but not to let a certain breed in

It was the fact she said any but Staffys that got me annoyed, okay if he was a full grown SBT and they were picking me up from a council estate or taking me to one .... but i was being picked up from a posh area of preston and being taken to the train station and i stated he was only 4 months and would sit on my knee

Oh well we have a taxi service that are happy to take him even when hes fully grown so i'm going to use them from now on
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2