View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments we had a fantastic day and having Kiba there just made it so much better. He's like a child to me and if I had a child people would expect it to be there, so why not the same for my baby It was so difficult to find a venue that allowed dogs though. I e-mailed and contacted so, so many to ask if Kiba would be allowed and always got the same answer 'no'. We were so lucky that such a beautiful venue would let us take him.

Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Brilliant! What a lovely idea to include him in the celebrations. He matches your dress brilliantly! Beautiful dress by the way. Hope you all had an amazing day.
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
-What a clever idea to get a dress the same colour as your dog so the hairs didn't show!

Very unusual-don't often get dogs at weddings.
Hehee it was more a case of I would have worried myself silly if he hadn't been there as he has bad separation anxiety and will make himself sick if he's not with people he knows and trusts. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy myself knowing he was in distress. So this was the perfect solution and most of our guests loved having him around! He got more attention that I did!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Congratulations you all look so happy, Kiba has a lovely grin!
velvetvampyre
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2010, 10:26 PM
What do you mean 'most' of your guests loved having him around ?...... I'm guessing only two out of 60 didnt ;0)!!! lol.....
Thanks for letting me be part of it....I was doing my best to hold Kiba back in that second photo from licking Honiahaka mummy!! He would have cleaned all traces of make-up from Tracey!!!! LOL
Having him there also helped the rest of us missing our pups. He looked at home and especially popping into the kitchens!!!
I love your photos and I luv you guys! All the best dear friend XX
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:13 PM
gorgeous pics! it looks like a fantastic day, and so lovely he was included (SA or not ). i love the pic of you and Kiba together
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Gorgeous pics.

I also got married at Clearwell Castle 18 months ago, I am so jealous you could have your pooch there though.
I also asked at every venue if we could have my old girl Poppy with us, even at Clearwell they said only in the grounds outside, not inside, I see you have some inside pics too, have they changed the rules then??

We stayed the night there and couldnt manage to get Poppy there, everyone i trusted with her was already a guest, or staying over so couldnt get her to or from the venue, she stayed with a sitter in the end, although I also looked at a pet taxi to transport her back and forth to the sitters, but felt it would be just too stressful for her.
From the very start I wanted my girl there, a lot of people were asking if she would be as she went everywhere with me, sadly she wasnt, but to this day I wish she had of been.
You were so lucky, its a fab venue and your pics look great,
xx
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
Gorgeous pics.

I also got married at Clearwell Castle 18 months ago, I am so jealous you could have your pooch there though.
I also asked at every venue if we could have my old girl Poppy with us, even at Clearwell they said only in the grounds outside, not inside, I see you have some inside pics too, have they changed the rules then??

We stayed the night there and couldnt manage to get Poppy there, everyone i trusted with her was already a guest, or staying over so couldnt get her to or from the venue, she stayed with a sitter in the end, although I also looked at a pet taxi to transport her back and forth to the sitters, but felt it would be just too stressful for her.
From the very start I wanted my girl there, a lot of people were asking if she would be as she went everywhere with me, sadly she wasnt, but to this day I wish she had of been.
You were so lucky, its a fab venue and your pics look great,
xx
That's really odd. I e-mailed them before I went for a viewing to ask if they would allow me to bring the dog because of his SA. They asked what he was and I explained and the woman said she'd ask but it should be fine.

Then when we went to look around (my dad took the dogs for a walk whilst we went round the castle) we asked again and she said yes it would be fine for us to bring Kiba but that we would have to crate him during the night so he didn't get on any of the furniture. We booked the castle a few days later, again stating that we would be bringing the dog. She said again that it was fine and that she'd told the housekeeper Kiba was a terrier type dog and not the massive great lump that he is! We checked once more, just to be sure and then turned up on the day and my dad had Kiba in tow!

They allowed him to sit in the room with me whilst I got ready, he walked down the aisle behind me (with my maid of honour flying behind him ) he was offlead during the welcome drinks (and went into the kitchen a couple of times without me knowing...oops. Then he slept by my chair for the wedding breakfast and was off again for the evening. He never goes far from me so I wasn't too worried about him wandering around. Then he slept in the room with us overnight and came down for breakfast in the morning where a lady was visiting and came over to give him a good fuss!

Such a shame that they didn't let you take your girl. It would have been horrible to not have Kiba as part of our day.

I think maybe they changed hands last year, so that's maybe why it changed?
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow what a handsome puppy and I love the fact he was so involved in your wedding.

You have some lovely photos, I love the close up of you and him. I am sure you have many special memories of your day and all the better from him being part of it.

Thanks so much for sharing, I could look at your photos all day long and it looks like you had a lovely wedding.

Congrats Mrs Kalasin!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow!
That really is awesome! I so wish I could have had Poppy there at ours, I asked pretty early on when we visited but the response was less than enthusiastic, I do now wonder if it was down to my particular wedding manager!!! Was left in no doubt about no paws inside!!
It would have been wonderful to have her with me the whole day.
Youre very, very lucky, its really great that you got to have your pupster with you on your special day
xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Gorgeous pics and perfect to have him there. Lots of my doggy friends have done this ;o)

I LOVE the ones of you and him, especially the licking one! That's a framer!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3