Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:58 AM
PIDGE Wrote;

Clearly. Look Dawn I mean no harm to the lady and also wish her well but I need to know she has more to her than one great song and one OK song.

I'm not a West End star but I have grown up dreaming the same my whole life, acting and singing in many similar roles and knowing every major song from every major musical. When I heard her sing ''I dreamed a dream'' from my favourite ever musical ''Les Miserables'' I thought she was as good, if not better than Ruthie Henshall herself (original West End cast role of Fantine).

I couldn't wait for her second act and like some ended up disappointed. ''Memory'' is a VERY hard to sing song so it was a great effort but did not blow me away. Whether that was because of the hype, or her nerves I'm not sure.

Then all I hear in the press is ''SuBo did this silly thing'' and ''SuBo did that silly thing'' and she's in The Priory for having a breakdown. I felt sorry for her and was not surprised as she was very awkward in the final of BGT. Now, within two weeks she's heading up a paid concert, but singing the same songs again.

I mean her no harm at all, I really don't but I need to hear more from her before she gets my vote as a ''star''. I do not blame her though, I blame the telly!!
Im sorry you said NONE of this originally and are trying to soften what you actually DID say and mean. You questioned if she had had a breakdown, by saying "Really?" at NO time did you say the media had anything to do with it, I reiterate AGAIN 2 paragraphs from your opening post.

But, gradually I have gone off her so much so that I actually am finding it all abit annoying. She's only ever sung 2 songs, one which was brilliant, the other was very poor. She has an emotional breakdown (why, reallly?) and now I see she is heading up a show, singing the same songs again.

That is not a star born to me, I want to hear more, see some variety.

Not impressed. What are your thoughts?
Please dont pretend you meant otherwise, your post is clear and expresses clearly what you said and meant.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4