Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 05:48 AM

Anyone tell me

Why with some browsers all web sites have white backgrounds when on others they are coloured, they also seem larger than they should be where as on the browsers that show colour backgrounds are the correct size.

Have asked about this before as it changed when I changed my monitor and I was told to reduce the numbers of pixels on my screen, trouble is if I do that I can't see it properly when I am working. Is this the only answer as I hate pages that don't fit on the screen.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Why with some browsers all web sites have white backgrounds when on others they are coloured, they also seem larger than they should be where as on the browsers that show colour backgrounds are the correct size.

Have asked about this before as it changed when I changed my monitor and I was told to reduce the numbers of pixels on my screen, trouble is if I do that I can't see it properly when I am working. Is this the only answer as I hate pages that don't fit on the screen.
sorry Thordell never had that it could be the resolution but the adjustments for the browser are, go to the top of the browser TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, COLORS, use widow colors.
TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, FONTS, Latin based courier new. otherwise canīt say much more maybe Graeme will know i will try and get some more info and come back later (is this your laptop or desktop )have you done a good antivirus check ? and was it always or just lately
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Jackie, I had a client last year who drove me crazy because he couldn't see the background of his website.

If you're using Internet Explorer can you check this:

Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Accessibility Button at the bottom -> Untick everything in the box that appears (Ignore colors, font size etc.)

Try that as let us know

Graeme
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 06:39 AM
My PC, it was ok on a 15" screen but now I have a 19" some browsers including IE do not display the correct colours, particularly the backgrounds but other things too. This forum for instance on Firefox has a light brown (cream) background with white cell background and black writing but on IE it has a totally white background with blue and black writing, the headings in blue the rest black, if I remember correctly.

Only know for sure which is right because it effects the sites I have the care off and I know what they should be.

Have no virus that Norton can detect and that is up to date also have a firewall. When I get the Laptop I will be using that for the internet an not the PC but may wish to check my own websites on the PC so I can check them in a number of browsers and that of course is why I worry about the present problem.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 06:49 AM

i just checked for you mine are the same ? so i will try and get more info for you

http://support.microsoft.com/default...H;%5BLN%5D;ie&
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 07:05 AM
You mean your browsers come up different? Oh! good it has been driving me mad, at least I am not alone
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Graeme
Jackie, I had a client last year who drove me crazy because he couldn't see the background of his website.

If you're using Internet Explorer can you check this:

Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Accessibility Button at the bottom -> Untick everything in the box that appears (Ignore colors, font size etc.)

Try that as let us know

Graeme
Thanks will give it a go
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks will give it a go
Have taken a look and nothing is ticked anyway, it is not just background but font colour and overall size that is incorrect but is ok on Firefox, which is the browser I am using but that does not help me when I am working on other peoples sites and can't check the work on several different browsers as I can't trust them. Oh! by the way my ISP is aol and their browser does not work correctly either.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 07:13 AM
You mean your browsers come up different? Oh! good it has been driving me mad, at least I am not alone
no one is firefox and one IE so your still normal like me but they are the same colour thatīs what i meant to show you
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 07:18 AM
OH I see well for me they are not - I am on Firefox at the moment and they both look correct but if I change to IE they both look wrong.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >