Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Just great - onwards and upwards Ollie xxxxx
goldiemad
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Really pleased that things are going well for Ollie. I know people don't like steroids, but I think Preds are wonderful and they have certainly helped two of my dogs delay their trip to the Bridge. Keep going Ollie, you doing great.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 06:01 PM
brilliant news, come on Ollie

sending him huge cuddles and kisses xxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Great to see that theres been so much improvement. Onwards and upwards!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Just checking in,
Nice to hear Ollie is improving,fingers crossed for you all.

Hugs and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
It's lovely to read some positive posts at last Lynn hoping the next update will bring more good news about Ollie . xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 07:26 PM
He sounds a lot, lot better today then Lynn, hopefully, it will now carry on in this upward trend and you will have your gorgeous boy back for a long time to come. Don't know about all that wee'ing coz my Georgie can hold it for England, all day sometimes if he feels too darn lazy to go out after his morning walk lol, but when he goes, he seems to go on forever just like Ollie's doing! At least they seem to be doing a good job for now, and I suppose you can only see as time goes on what other side effects you're going to get, but somehow, we don't seem to have many with George now. All the best with him and please pass on some more of our cuddles he really deserves lots more today for this achievement!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The needing to pee may be a good thing, its encouraging him to get up and move, so will improve his muscle tone and fitness.

His gait looks a lot like Wobblers in Dobermanns, I had one with it. They have a wide back gait which is "slower" than the front legs, the front legs also appear to do a double step at times, and at that time, the back ones seem to do a "big" step if that makes sense!
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Aw Lynn, so pleased to be reading this - honestly your posts seem to have lifted a little you seem to be a bit more optimistic and "happy" Obviously you are still cautious and uncertain of the future but honestly your last couple of posts read as if some of the darkness has lifted.

Like evreyone else has said steroids definitely make you wee (I know from the ones I got for my hay fever LOL)

I really hope that they help Ollie maintain a certain level of mobility and that he can go from strength to strength with them.

Hugs as always xxx
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Just great - onwards and upwards Ollie xxxxx
Originally Posted by goldiemad View Post
Really pleased that things are going well for Ollie. I know people don't like steroids, but I think Preds are wonderful and they have certainly helped two of my dogs delay their trip to the Bridge. Keep going Ollie, you doing great.
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Great to see that theres been so much improvement. Onwards and upwards!
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Just checking in,
Nice to hear Ollie is improving,fingers crossed for you all.

Hugs and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
It's lovely to read some positive posts at last Lynn hoping the next update will bring more good news about Ollie . xx
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
He sounds a lot, lot better today then Lynn, hopefully, it will now carry on in this upward trend and you will have your gorgeous boy back for a long time to come. Don't know about all that wee'ing coz my Georgie can hold it for England, all day sometimes if he feels too darn lazy to go out after his morning walk lol, but when he goes, he seems to go on forever just like Ollie's doing! At least they seem to be doing a good job for now, and I suppose you can only see as time goes on what other side effects you're going to get, but somehow, we don't seem to have many with George now. All the best with him and please pass on some more of our cuddles he really deserves lots more today for this achievement!
Thank you all so much. I really do not think you know how much I appreciate all this support from you guys.

Have spoken to the lady that Bitkin gave me the number for she is really none the wiser except in thinking it is something to do with the lower spinal area from what I have described.

What was lovely is she knows the breed and to speak to someone who knows the breed so well and its funny ways and problems it can encounter is refreshing.

I can call her anytime if I need a chat and that is very reassuring.

He is doing ok and although not 100% and of course we do not know if we will achieve that goal he is a lot better.

Am posting some pictures on the pictures thread.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 08:15 PM
If nothing else Lynn, she is there for some more support for you, I'm so glad you've spoken to her now. Off to see the pics now then
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Aw, it is so good to hear that Ollie is doing better. Sounds like the Steroids are helping for sure

Hope his recovery continues
Page 107 of 123 « First < 7 57 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 117 > Last »