View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 08:12 PM
That looks superb........chelsea here you come........enjoy. What I would not give for a feature such as that curved wall..............................
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It looks great! Wish my garden was as nice as it
Thanks Azz...just shows what a transformation can be made in just 2 weeks

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Very Nice He's done a fab job!
Thanks Lou, the same chap did our driveway and he is a really good worker

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
That is really lovely Sheree. I love that clock too and I need to steal your table and chairs as I am desperate for a green set for my garden
Thanks Bev...the table and chairs were a real bargain, we bought the last two in the shop, only this week, they look like iron but they are actually resin and cost.....wait for it...the grand sum of £29 each, you got a table and two chairs for that. The umbrella was only £6 in the same shop...Home Bargains...I think they are national so may be worth looking into. My clock I've had for a few months now but that came from the same place and I think it was around £10-£14. There are some great bargains to be had out there

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
It's beautiful!! What a lot of work you have both done but now you can sit back and reap the rewards!
Thank you The builder did all the hard work, we just had to decide on what we wanted...now we just have to add our touches to it and then keep it looking good

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Looks brilliant, The doggie seem to like it!
Thank you He certainly loves it

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
That looks superb........chelsea here you come........enjoy. What I would not give for a feature such as that curved wall..............................
Thanks Kazz...the strange thing is that I didn't like the walled garden, we own about another 20 feet at the back of the house, behind the wall, and I wanted the wall taken down, weld mesh erected and to allow the bushes to grow up it so that I looked out over hedges rather than the wall. This transformation has changed my mind and now I'm really pleased how it has become a feature rather than just more concrete
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Looks really good and Leon face looks really approving
Nice that you will be able to enjoy it this weekend too!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Kazz...the strange thing is that I didn't like the walled garden, we own about another 20 feet at the back of the house, behind the wall, and I wanted the wall taken down, weld mesh erected and to allow the bushes to grow up it so that I looked out over hedges rather than the wall. This transformation has changed my mind and now I'm really pleased how it has become a feature rather than just more concrete
Just think of the different plants you can grow either side one side could be east facing one west....such a difference in plants for each side you could take a piece out and make an arch through? put a mirror on and make it appear bigger.... or an old door/gate so it looks like a secret garden through the wall.....such a loy you can do with a wall.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Lynn...he has been pottering about whilst the builder was working, he loves it when we sit out there and he can join us

Thanks H Clive is talking about getting a sun canopy over the patio doors, (sounds like something similar to yours), we've just bought a gazebo to go out there ready for the wedding but once that's over and done with we will probably invest in one. The garden is a real sun trap and we sometimes have to close the curtains in the lounge as it's so bright, it will be lovely to be able to sit in there comfortable whilst looking out over the patio. We are really pleased with it, it has made such a difference out there. My parents have given us a big wooden and wrought iron garden set consisting of a table, bench and two armchairs, so it really made us get on with sorting the garden out.
That's what we had to do before we got our blind, but now that the blinds up all summer long really, the dogs can go in and out as they please and lie out there in the cool, especially in the evening, because the sun has never got on the decking (or your stone slabs!) to heat it up. I much prefer it to a sunroom which to me is a bit like sitting in a greenhouse! Our is from Carribean blinds and cost £1200 fitted, but worth every single penny! I didn't go for the automated one just in case it went wrong, so I wind it up and down myself! Check them out, you'll be so glad you invested in one, plus everything stays dry out there underneath!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2