View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for posting the photos. I met loads of mals a few weeks ago some long coat some short coat, but like your dogs they were ALL GORGEOUS. I don't know the ins and outs of showing etc but I do know what I like and....me likes!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks for posting the photos. I met loads of mals a few weeks ago some long coat some short coat, but like your dogs they were ALL GORGEOUS. I don't know the ins and outs of showing etc but I do know what I like and....me likes!!!
Thanks Lynne

Malamutes do have a certain special something..I think its the ancient breed thing..they are just very special..
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Uh huh... I am aware of the standard thanks..

UK breed standard states
Oh Louise...I wasn't having a go by any stretch of the imagination, I think your dogs are gorgeous. I decided when at Aviemore that if I ever had the time and expperience I would love a Mal,they were tremendous dogs, beautiful, elegant, loyal, stunning, hard working and so the list goes on...but I doubt I will ever have the time nor dedication so hats off to you.
Caused lots of arguments as OH likes Sibes but it was the mals that won my heart.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Nice to see them Louise, looking great!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Oh Louise...I wasn't having a go by any stretch of the imagination, I think your dogs are gorgeous. I decided when at Aviemore that if I ever had the time and expperience I would love a Mal,they were tremendous dogs, beautiful, elegant, loyal, stunning, hard working and so the list goes on...but I doubt I will ever have the time nor dedication so hats off to you.
Caused lots of arguments as OH likes Sibes but it was the mals that won my heart.
No Lynne I know you weren't..

I quoted the UK standard to the people who were quoting the American standard to me..
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 10:53 PM

Grrrrr

I know nothing about breeding nor showing, so I am probably speaking totally out of turn here, BUT I think Louise's dogs are gorgeous and I am glad she posted pics. I realise that inbreeding is a huge issue with A LOT OF BREEDS, and Louise I am not saying by any means yours are a product of this, but at the end of the day they are gorgeous doggies and they are clearly loved and well cared for in a happy home.

Can we please enjoy that - sorry if I talk out of turn or offend anyone.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Lovely photo's nice to see them enjoying themselves, thanks for sharing
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lunakitty321 View Post
Oh, I guess adding "varies" into the equation makes it okay....its a pity that only Malamutes can use such unspecific language without being attacked....
Actually if you do your research properly you would know that our breed club have asked the KC to change our breed standard to the one from the country of origin (thus taking out what you term 'unspecific language' ). Unfortunately the KC rejected the change.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
And the photos were.................................?????

C'mon guys play nicely, there are factions in lots of breeds or breed groups. Lets just enjoy what has been posted without the politics. But let's just enjoy the great piccies....
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Lynne.. I think thats a lost cause now..and probably the intent behind all this..

Funny how all the NI supporters are quick to jump on their founder breeds..

After all if Mal is in NI..then where do their long coats come from??? at least in mals the gene has been mapped and there is testing to eliminate carriers etc from breeding programs..are the NI doing that..or did they adapt the standard so they don't have to?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >