26-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Or to use another term.......

pigs might fly................
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I thought he was a T cross - I don't like spelling the whole name lol - too long and I can get it wrong so easily lol...

Yup it's the Lloyds - I was talking to his wife actually - but you never know he could be - but no one will ever really know for sure there's a high possibility he may not be - but who knows - he'll still be a mutt to me though...
It's sometimes easier to tell people he is a Tervueren cross because he looks like one.... but in truth his father was a Groenendael. From a few snippets of information given out by the person who bred him, I did some detective work, and thanks to a Groenendael breeder we uncovered the details.

You will find the Belgian Shepherd breeders amazingly knowledgeable about their lines and their dogs, and if there ever was an accidental Laekie cross in this country, they will know about it! All the breeders know exactly where their dogs went and to whom, and where they still are - as I found out when rescuing Rue. Records were pored over, breeders checked with their puppy buyers, and out of the 329 Malinois registered in the last 10 years, it was soon apparent she was not one of those born to show breeders.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Just to say, I'm visiting a biiiiig Championship show at the weekend, which has 8,500+ dogs entered (It's a Crufts qualifier). I'm going on Working & Pastoral day, and I am hoping to see some Laekies myself - there are 4 entered (if they turn up!).
So I might have some photos for you next week
There were a couple competing at the CFGB show a few weeks back.
A lady from Belgium (I think!) brings a couple over - she is working a very high standard with them.
There is a picture on the website - I can forward you the link if you are interested.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Sorry if some one has already said this and might sound crazy? but - is it possible he got his wirey bits of coat from a lurcher????
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
There is a picture on the website - I can forward you the link if you are interested.
Ohh yes please! Thank you
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Meh - we don't know - he's good with buns but has killed rats before and is funny with dogs - heaven knows what he is.. He's our recycled dog - The possibilities are endless
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Meh - we don't know - he's good with buns but has killed rats before and is funny with dogs - heaven knows what he is.. He's our recycled dog - The possibilities are endless
Just IMO he has a slightly lurcher type look about him could be wrong tho One thing I know is I don't think I've seen a dog like him before and don't expect I'll see another
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Saw some Curlies yesterday, there were three at the show, and here's one I got to meet up close & personal - he was lovely!

and two others in the ring, showing the body shape and how woolly the coat is! (Best Dog and Best Bitch). The coat is not fleecy nor wiry to the touch, but dry and slightly harsh, not like most wire-haired breeds.

Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I have a slightly smaller version of you're recycled dog! LOL I too am constantly trying to figure out my 2 Terrier x's... I drive my Mom nuts!

Scout was bought as a Terrier x Bichon ummmm, someone was on glue! I truely feel Scout is some type of PRT or Fox terrier x'd with spaniel or Shih Tsu or something... but not sure where her size comes from! She was likely from a puppymill.

Oliver I am almost positive is an Irish Terrier mix. Yes they're extremely rare here, however, they're not so rare in the States, as there is a puppymill in Florida breeding them, and they are sold through brokers at times (I'm on an Irish Terrier e-mail group, and they agree with me) Kinda funny though... I joined the group 1.5 years before I adopted Ollie... I wanted info on the breed, as they caught my eye and heart. But I have no idea what he may be crossed with... possibly lab, but that is truely my only guess. The IT fits his personality almost exactly, except his fear... but his fear was caused by being a badly treated street dog.

I just call him my Texas Terrier... It works
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3