Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Docking/cropping posts split from another thread

I am going to be a very bad boy here but.......

Why has it been butchered? and its undershot, eyes are too round and if its a euro dog likely too tall but judges seem to skim over this point.

Hate docked dobes and ear cropping is just plain bloodly cruel.
How very rude!! Are you an expert? How do you know he is undershot? I cant see it, how can you? How do you know he is too tall? I cant see the ruler against him, can you? A wee bit jealous here are we, he is a STUNNING Dog, if you want to see a decent one, have another look at him!!

I can see you think a lot of the breed by referring to him as "it" shame.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Rude! Do you subscribe to docking and ear cropping Borderdawn?

Two major things wrong with this dog and both are cosmetic.

When the Euros stamp out ear cropping and docking then maybe maybe they can have an opinion but until then its been butchered and yes I can see its undershot, I'm that good

Really if we were dog lovers we wouldn't hack the tails off and tape the ears up for an age in the pursuit of vanity and appearance, the Euros have much to learn from us brits and facto pointo numero one'o is don't put your dog through hell just because you think it looks good, and no I'm not jealous as my dogs are O naturel.

Cropped ears and docked tail and he/she has the nerve to come on and ask to critic their dog, they will have asking whether Citroens are good cars next OH
LA la
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
Rude! Do you subscribe to docking and ear cropping Borderdawn?
I absolutely am pro docking yes, and personally would NEVER own an undocked Docked breed.

Two major things wrong with this dog and both are cosmetic.
BOTH are in the breed standard!

When the Euros stamp out ear cropping and docking then maybe maybe they can have an opinion but until then its been butchered and yes I can see its undershot, I'm that good
Classic, really classic!!!

Really if we were dog lovers we wouldn't hack the tails off and tape the ears up for an age in the pursuit of vanity and appearance, the Euros have much to learn from us brits and facto pointo numero one'o is don't put your dog through hell just because you think it looks good, and no I'm not jealous as my dogs are O naturel.

Cropped ears and docked tail and he/she has the nerve to come on and ask to critic their dog, there have asking whether Citroens are good cars next OH
LLA la
My you have a HUGE chip dont you, I do feel a bit sorry for you, the fact you need to slam a Dog, a breed you own too, and of course if you want to take it to extremes, you are taking it out of the Dog, he didnt dock his own tail did he?

Such a shame, oh and I think cropped Dobes look FANTASTIC!
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Predictable response, hang your head in shame BD.

The dog has a fantastic body and pose but unfortunately has been hacked and I mean hacked, I don't have a chip and if I did wouldn't have it surgically removed either for cosmetic reasons or other.

I am genuinely surprised you are pro dock and love ear cropping, maybe you should book yourself in so you can have your ears sliced and taped up so you can look like Mrs Spock, best of luck.

I hate any form of cruel behaviour and cropping is cruel and to say it looks good....well word fail me.

Read about it and then come back and tell me that ear cropping is good because it looks good.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Predictable response, hang your head in shame BD.

The dog has a fantastic body and pose but unfortunately has been hacked and I mean hacked, I don't have a chip and if I did wouldn't have it surgically removed either for cosmetic reasons or other.

I am genuinely surprised you are pro dock and love ear cropping, maybe you should book yourself in so you can have your ears sliced and taped up so you can look like Mrs Spock, best of luck.

I hate any form of cruel behaviour and cropping is cruel and to say it looks good....well word fail me.
I dont think words are failing you at all!! I find it quite nasty that somebody can be so rude about somebody's dog, especially when its a breed they own themselves, its you that should hang your head in shame.

Yes I am pro docking, always will be, and I do like the way cropped Dogs look, always will, get over it, judge the Dog on the standard laid out in front of you, if you cant, shut up.

I will point out these two things you may of missed.

1. Ears
Small, neat, set high on head. Normally dropped, but may be erect.

2. Tail
Previously customarily docked.
Docked: Docked at 1st or 2nd joint. Appears to be a continuation of spine without material drop.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Get over it!!

Lol.

Really you should move into the 21st century and realise that docking and cropping is an unnecessary and owner vanity driven cruel procedure that belongs in the stone age.

Its you that should get over it and the KC should get their stone age square wheels out of the proverbial backwater and accept public opinion that its not acceptable and outlaw any dog no matter which breed from any show no matter what its age and country of origin, only they won't because they are too much up their own jacksee for thier own good.

Cut your ears down the middle and tape them to the side of your head for three months and then tell me how good it looks. Borderspock
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Fluffybunnyfeet - this is obviously a subject you feel very strongly about. Maybe it would be better to start a new thread as I feel it is unfair to use the OP's dog in starting a debate
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-03-2008, 01:13 AM
No debate, the question was asked, critic my dog I think was the question, I stated two undeniable facts the the dog had cropped ears and a docked tail which both don't sit well with the public opinion or the KC now.

So come out the closet, BD has stamped her authorita! and clearly stated that she is in favour of both docking and ear cropping, so what your side of the fence?

Next stage will possible BD trying to ban me for stating an opinion even though it sits with the Majorita!

You see I have a fantastic male dobe, but he has all his original bits attached, not jealous of the maimed one at all you can't really stick the tail back on can you, might be able to put the ears back but as you have removed a large chunk of them by cutting and taping then I doubt it.

Seriously though the dog has a short lower jaw and would wager that its undershot, also euro dobes tend to be way over the KC maximum height a fact that is often over looked by judges, maybe they are still working in inches and not cms? and I would take a bet (though I might lose) that the dog is overheight.

The main critic I have is that the dog has been surgically altered, where do you draw the line, has it had silicon injections to improve its muscle definition? mayhap a false testy? A dog should judged on its original package, not on some whimsical cosmetic alterations. If you breed it does it come with cropped ears and no tail?
Didn't think so

Critic or judgement is all a matter of opinion, my opinion counts as much as the next as I own dobes and have shown them. What matters is how a dog is percieved by the general public and if docking and cropping gets the thumbs down then no matter how steadfast your views and desires, you have to bow to the over whelming weight of publc (UK) opinion that docking and cropping is a no no. So critic my dog, it has no tail and is cropped, next question?

I rest my case Ma' laud
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 08:48 AM

So come out the closet, BD has stamped her authorita! and clearly stated that she is in favour of both docking and ear cropping, so what your side of the fence?
Again, I dont think this thread is the place to be debating docking and cropping. Start a new thread and I will leave the comfort of my closet
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Get over it!!

Lol.

Really you should move into the 21st century and realise that docking and cropping is an unnecessary and owner vanity driven cruel procedure that belongs in the stone age.

Its you that should get over it and the KC should get their stone age square wheels out of the proverbial backwater and accept public opinion that its not acceptable and outlaw any dog no matter which breed from any show no matter what its age and country of origin, only they won't because they are too much up their own jacksee for thier own good.

Cut your ears down the middle and tape them to the side of your head for three months and then tell me how good it looks. Borderspock
Name calling belongs in the playground.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >