Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
also, you said they live in the upper villa, which implies there is a lower villa?

which implies a shared garden?

in which case, which house is responsible for the end of the garden?
no the set up is such that they all have private gardens, all the otherhouses have a fence aswell on their property - apart from this one !!
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh what a nightmare for you. Would putting that strong green chain link fencing against the wooden fence help ? Something with small grids in it anything to try to stop Bruno getting through from his side and to stop the other dog in its tracks if it did break the fence.

In all honesty it might be your fence but if I was the new neighbour I would be trying to find a way to stop my dog getting to your fence and damaging it and causing much worse if the dogs got too each other, suppose a pleasant word wouldn't go amiss.
think i need a complete panel to block the sight of each other !
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
That's really annoying. I think, like you, I'd want to be completely sure and would have to do something. It might be expensive, but what about having the boundary walled up to about 3 feet then wooden? It'd save you losing a bit of garden I suppose.
cheers will look into cost of wall.
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d just buy a fence panel and nail to the existing one TBH. It doesn`t really matter whose fence it is because if it`s theirs they don`t actually need one. It`ll be better once the dogs can`t see each other.
i was just concerned with a fence panel that if the other dog decides to chew his side we wont know anything about it until his big head pokes through it !!!
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a nightmare Dani.

Fingers crossed they wll put a fence up on their side.
am going to go and have a chat with them later ... fingers crossed they are nice !!!

cheers all
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Hope your chat goes well, I am sure if you point out tactfully that as you both have the same breed,it might be advisable that you both get to gether and come up with s idea about fencing that suits you both.

We have doubled the fencing in our garden down the right, although it's not our fence but thiers was broken and the kids kept tormenting the dogs, and although I spoke to thier Father nothing was done.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
It sounds like a complete nightmare at the moment Dani, and you definitely want to be able to enjoy your garden in peace without the worry of the other dog getting through or Bruno getting to it

Your suggested course of action is the one I would take. I would pop round and just mention the problems you are having with both dogs having a go at each other and suggest that either they may want to put a fence up at their side, or you are happy to reinforce the fence at your side (or put up a second one) and see what is suggested.

Fingers crossed they are reasonable and responsible.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Just a thought but when you go & speak to the neighbours maybe you could get the dogs to meet if possible? Tilly used to bark like mad at my side neighbours dog until one day she passed him over the wall & they became friends. Then my other neighbours 2 GSD's I invited round (obviously too big to pass over the fence!) Once she knew who they were she stopped barking when they were out.
Hope your neighbours are friendly
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hope your chat goes well, I am sure if you point out tactfully that as you both have the same breed,it might be advisable that you both get to gether and come up with s idea about fencing that suits you both.

We have doubled the fencing in our garden down the right, although it's not our fence but thiers was broken and the kids kept tormenting the dogs, and although I spoke to thier Father nothing was done.
Yes I will try and be tactful !! LOL

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It sounds like a complete nightmare at the moment Dani, and you definitely want to be able to enjoy your garden in peace without the worry of the other dog getting through or Bruno getting to it

Your suggested course of action is the one I would take. I would pop round and just mention the problems you are having with both dogs having a go at each other and suggest that either they may want to put a fence up at their side, or you are happy to reinforce the fence at your side (or put up a second one) and see what is suggested.

Fingers crossed they are reasonable and responsible.
hopefully - will see what they say.
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Just a thought but when you go & speak to the neighbours maybe you could get the dogs to meet if possible? Tilly used to bark like mad at my side neighbours dog until one day she passed him over the wall & they became friends. Then my other neighbours 2 GSD's I invited round (obviously too big to pass over the fence!) Once she knew who they were she stopped barking when they were out.
Hope your neighbours are friendly
Thanks Tilly, but they are both Male Bruno has never met a male dog he likes so I would actually rather not take the chance and having already had goes at each other through the fence I think it would end in disaster.

To be honest,m its the kids that bring the dog out which makes it worse as if anything happened I dont think they would be able to hold their dog, which is more why I am worried. He is a lovely dog but young and going through adolescence and being a staffie has all the bounce and confidence that goes with it. Bruno being an older boy should really know better but he just hasnt had to experience another dog so close to his patch for years so he aint impressed !!!

I am really lucky that I was standing their yesterday to be honest or it would have been a horrid fight ...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Yes I will try and be tactful !! LOL

hopefully - will see what they say.

Thanks Tilly, but they are both Male Bruno has never met a male dog he likes so I would actually rather not take the chance and having already had goes at each other through the fence I think it would end in disaster.

To be honest,m its the kids that bring the dog out which makes it worse as if anything happened I dont think they would be able to hold their dog, which is more why I am worried. He is a lovely dog but young and going through adolescence and being a staffie has all the bounce and confidence that goes with it. Bruno being an older boy should really know better but he just hasnt had to experience another dog so close to his patch for years so he aint impressed !!!

I am really lucky that I was standing their yesterday to be honest or it would have been a horrid fight ...
Oh well, and yes good job you were there then. I would certainly try & be extra friendly to the neighbours though I'm sure you will - tell them their dog is lovely & all that & how it will benefit you both. Good luck
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
UPDATE:

Spoke to the neighbour this afternoon and it was the Mum so asked if she had heard what happened and she had and great minds had been planning to come over and have a chat about fence - so all good.,

She is renting and would have to consult the landlord etc to erect fence - so I have said that we are just going to get some fence slats and double it on her side so need access to her garden, I met Ziggy and he is a gorgeous bouncy boy who is a real handful, and we had a good chat about getting him neutured etc too, and gave her some advice on leads and harnesses as he is a very strong boy.

So hopefully by the weekend we can get the fence sorted, just have to find the money now to buy some fence slats, I put an add on freecycle but not had any responses yet.

but all good and really nice woman.she was also admiring the garden and saying how good it was looking so they must have been there for a while and just the dogs have not been out at the same time up until the holidays i suspect !
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
UPDATE:

Spoke to the neighbour this afternoon and it was the Mum so asked if she had heard what happened and she had and great minds had been planning to come over and have a chat about fence - so all good.,

She is renting and would have to consult the landlord etc to erect fence - so I have said that we are just going to get some fence slats and double it on her side so need access to her garden, I met Ziggy and he is a gorgeous bouncy boy who is a real handful, and we had a good chat about getting him neutured etc too, and gave her some advice on leads and harnesses as he is a very strong boy.

So hopefully by the weekend we can get the fence sorted, just have to find the money now to buy some fence slats, I put an add on freecycle but not had any responses yet.

but all good and really nice woman.she was also admiring the garden and saying how good it was looking so they must have been there for a while and just the dogs have not been out at the same time up until the holidays i suspect !
That's brilliant news - what a difference having reasonable neighbours makes! Hope you can find a cost effective solution without having to lose a chunk of garden. Good luck with Freecycle too.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Ohh good stuff - so pleased she is thinking on the same lines, phew, relief for you huh?

Last thing you need is a repeat of that!

Glad the gorgeous Bruno was unhurt xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Great update
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >