View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Poor boy. I can only imagine the pain he is in, I wish him all the get well wishes in the world. xx
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2006, 07:17 PM
The vet thinks it may have been a dog bit that got infected and then reacted with the vaccination, if he had had the proper medical treatment at the time then he would be fine now.

She had to cut away the dead skin from around the wounds to get a proper look and treat him, we need to get the infection under control before we can do any more, it can't be stitched at the moment as it would just burst open again. The vet thinks that once itnis under control he will have to be cut open right accross the back of his neck, have the dead skin removed and all stitched up.

Please keep sending your good thoughts to this lovely boy that through the whole ordeal has been giving his kisses away.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Aww poor lad, all our thought are with him, hope he is ok
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2006, 08:07 PM
won't the treatment be the same as if he had a chain cut from his neck?
cleaning removing dead tissue then stitching it up?
how could 1 wound turn it to some thing so big?
have you got any history on him ? hes so young and to go through this already poor lad.
i hope the wounds get better and your next post tells us hes finally on the mend.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Poor Lad, I hope he is on the mend soon, he must be in so much pain. At least he is in good hands and the best care now.
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately at the moment it is too infected, we have antibiotic gel to be squeezed into the open wound and oral antibiotics. Because the weather is so warm infection spreads so quickly and would just resplit the wound if it was sewn now, the only thing we can do is try and clear the infection and then get him further treatment.

Because he came from a Welsh pound we have no history on him at all other than what they told us about him having a cyst so it is all guess work.

Apparently if you look at him he comes over for a fuss which you cant give at the moment because of the location of the wounds and it is soooo sad.

He looks even more of a mess now the hair has been cut away bless him but I will spare you those photos.

i will keep you updated on his progress and hope to have good news for you.
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Sending lots of hugs to Robbie.....Hope he's on the mend again soon....xxx
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Sending hugs to poor robbie, keep us updated on how he is doing
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:40 AM
oh poor little man. how did he get such injuries?? i hope everything turns out okay at the vets for him...keep us posted. x
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Poor boy!!
I hope he recovers quickly and gets the home and love he deserves!!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >