Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-06-2006, 02:34 PM

Alice - Special Case

Alice is a beautiful girl who has come to Wiccaweys from our friends at Limerick Animal Welfare in Ireland.

Alice has a terribly sad past. This is her story:

Alice is a beautiful collie setter cross. She was found after recently giving birth to puppies - all but one died. LAW was able to save Alice's last little baby too.

April, 06: When Alice was rescued, she was in very poor physical shape. She was very emaciated and had very bad scabies mange infection which was particularly severe on her head and face.

Alice also had sever burns on her head probably from a boiling liquid being thrown or poured over her.

Alice was a very sad and withdrawn dog. The only response she made to her rescuers was one of terrified cries when we they put a lead on her. Alice had no interest in anything or anyone around her. It was hoped against hope that Alice was not found too late.

Slowly Alice started to respond to treament. She learn to absolutely adore her comfy bed, and mealtimes became her favourite time of the day. She was literally skin and bones when she was rescued Mentally she started to relax and started to give the odd wag of her tail.

June, 06: Alice travels over to join us at Wiccaweys - please watch this space for her updates and new photos

If you feel you can offer Alice the home she deserves, please telephone us on: 07905 203254 (please note we only accept enquiries for dogs by telephone - we like to have a chat with you!)

*All Wiccaweys dogs are vaccinated, neutered where appropriate, microchipped, flea-treated and wormed before leaving for their new homes.
*All dogs are carefully assessed within a home environment, no Wiccaweys dog is kennelled.
*All potential new Guardians are required to fill in an adoption application form and a homecheck will be carried out.
*All successful new Guardians are required to sign
an adoption contract.
*Lifetime advice, commitment and support to rehomed dogs and their new Guardians.
*Help and advice is available to all.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:29 PM
poor girl, i hope she has a brighter future
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
OMG poor girl How can anyone be so cruel?

Hope she finds the perfect home soon
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Good luck Alice, I'm sure that forever home is out there waiting for you some where.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2006, 05:50 PM
poor girl, she derseves the best what she has been though.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
how can any one be so cruel???

she deserves the very best life from here on in...i hope someone can give her that

Alex
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Poor little girl, I sooooo wish I could take her It breaks my heart to read about dogs like this, and to see those pics makes me cry I do hope Alice finds the forever home she soooo deserves, bless her. You do such a wonderful job rescuing these poor wretched dogs from their pitiful lives, good on you.
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Alice today after I collected her in the early hours from the nice Irish man who transported her.

June, 06: Alice has made a miraculous recovery from her ordeal. Her hair has grown back and you can now see just how pretty she is.

Alice is a very sweet little girl - she has recovered her trust in humans and now loves a cuddle and a fuss. Alice is a small little girl.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Woooooow! would you look at the difference, Alice is beautiful, what a brave girl!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Well that's just made my day now seeing her new piccies! What a difference you've made to her life. They are soooo forgiving aren't they, no matter what they've been through, they still put their trust in us humans. I do hope she's going to find a wonderful home where she'll be loved and pampered for the rest of her life You're a real star you are!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >