Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2009, 08:52 PM

Archie, Shepherd x Collie, DOB 06.08

Archie, Shepherd x Collie, DOB 06.08

His Story: Archie was found stray in a nervous state late January 2009 unclaimed. He was about 8 months old. His confidence has grown 100 fold since then and he has matured into a truly beautiful dog.

Salient points: Archie now has confidence living within a pack of dogs with people coming and going. Ideally needs to be homed with a confident dog or dog confident family. Submissive by nature. Can react to dogs when out on lead outside as many Collie x Shepherds can do. Good with horses!

Advert: Archie is 80% German Shepherd. He has the Shepherd long body, tail and muzzle ... even fur type. His ears however suggest a complimentary influence perhaps Collie. He is young now around 18 months old. He is sensitive by nature! Archie is a very loving dog who bonds deeply given a chance. He loves being out and about, very interested in everything and a really good boy. " A trip in the van and he loved sticking his head out of the window with the wind blowing his ears all over the place. He is very chilled at home and takes no notice of the horses, loves water - the hosepipe is one of his favourite games! Fostered in Donnington Castle, but coming into the Gatwick kennels on the 28th.

Archie mixes well with dogs and his submissive nature shines through, they are pleased to have him around. Adapts well to new situations now. Archie is neutered, vax'd and chipped. If you love Shepherds and if you have met the Shepherd x Collie mix before, you'll know just how much you'll love Archie. He will train well and is intelligent. Sadly the only thing he needs work on is barking when he sees other dogs approaching outside, this can take time to eradicate, but he has achieved in other areas. He is just looking for his forever home with a fab family and he loves being out and about or pottering at home. Superb dog.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Lynne walked Archie today and here is her update:

"Archie and I went out for a walk today. As always light was fading and I by no way captured his sheer beauty..and I tell you he is breathtakingly beautiful. He is now the young adult. Still hindered by fear of the strange and barks as a young dog does who isnt sure of his ground. Tested him beside traffic on a wide verge and oh yes he noticed and will bark and will chase.

Alyson at the kennels who is familar with German Shepherd stated his barking and going forwards at stranger outside can feature in the shepherd breed and she would take him to training classes and get him focused on a ball outside as a strategy of distraction and occupation.

We didnt meet any dogs or people on our walk. He was wonderful to walk and run with sooo gentle, so tender in his nature and little licks were shared..I felt honoured ops: "

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh my, isn't he just gorgeous!

Hope you find your forever home soon, lad xxx

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-12-2009, 07:27 PM
OK guys ... I bring you Archie! Oh my is he something! First time I met him yesterday and had my camera at the ready ... WOW! He is in lovely condition - judge for yourself and tell me you are not bowled over!?!! So sorry for all the photos, but I just couldn't choose and am hoping his forever home will fall for him from them ... can't believe he is still waiting for a foster or forever home!

The colour of that coat!

Smoking on a cold day!

Patiently waiting..
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Archie being walked down at the kennels today ...

Lovely boy...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh such joy ... received these wonderful photos ...so far from the winter kennel...let’s hope Archie’s home can come soon to avoid him occupying a spring kennel in 2 weeks time. Heart swelling thanks to his foster family for holding on to him over this time, especially Bruno his canine friend!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:49 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers ...

“We walked Archie today, big boy! He's so lovely and cuddly. He did react to a car that went past, but I had some gravy bones to hand and he soon decided they are much better. Mike took him for a run which he loved! You were right, Mike loved him!”

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:47 PM
An updqate from a volunteer kennel walker on Archie:

“Archie is a lovely dog, I took him out and when I met him in his kennel he was very good at listening to what I asked and sat very nicely.

I did find Archie strong on the lead and wth a very vocal Russell behind us he was more interested in going the other way. I have heard that Archie is wonderful offlead or on a longer lead and the one I used was fairly short, but he really is a very sweet dog”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-05-2010, 08:45 PM
An update from Janet:

“Kate and I took Archie out today and met Lynne with Russell, so we joined them. Archie settled down nicely in a very short time and rubbed along well with Russell, who'd been out for a couple of hours with Lynne and was pretty tired!

We met a couple of people on the way back into the kennel and he was a bit apprehensive - he had a good look, but didn't quite lunge at them. Archie is a fantastic dog who needs more than we can give him in kennels - he's got so much potential”.

Janet and Archie

Russell and Archie
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:27 AM
A few more photos of Archie ...

He is very thin at the moment, but very alert and interested in life!

Needs some loving and confidence building does poor Archie and he would really benefit from a foster home until his forever home comes along. Anyone?!

An update from Gemma:

Archie was a dream to walk today! I had a really nice feeling that he trusted me a bit now, when Brian walked him for a little bit he walked very close to me and instead of jumping or hitting my leg with his head he brushed his ear against my leg which I thought was very sweet. We didn't have one problem on the whole walk and I think this maybe because Archie knew I wasn't nervous anymore, which meant he wasn't either! He's a lovely dog

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >