View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 04:33 PM

Can any one recomend a good flashing/light up collar?

As the title says Im looking for one and was wondering what other people use? I want one that lights up all the way round not just underneath.
Any suggestions and especially with pics very wellcome!
sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2006, 04:36 PM
There is one on the Pets at Home website which looks as though it lights up all the way round but doesnt actually say it does! Have a look and see what u think
http://www.petsathome.com/icat/reflective
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 04:39 PM
That's exactly what I use, (Ancol Safety Halo) they are absolutely fantastic and cant recommend them enough. I have them on my two even when I'm doing some training in the evening and they have to go in brambles/hedge/thick cover when working (no collars though), I dont worry about them getting caught on something because if they do then they easily come off and there's no danger of the dog catching it's throat.

Fab invention and they're quite cheap too
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks looks like one I saw on another site, Dobie girl has that one I think will go have a look at the weekend!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 06:11 PM
The Ancol Safety Halo was the worst one I've tried (and I've tried them all, I think) BUT that's beacuse I have heavy coated dogs and the collars just get lost under the fur. I suppose you might not have that problem with a Toller?

This is the best light I've found http://www.dogestore.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PLRD003

It is very bright (OH refers to them as 'floodlights') and you can see the light from all angles.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
Thanks looks like one I saw on another site, Dobie girl has that one I think will go have a look at the weekend!
Yeah thats the one Hannah, its really good, but like I said, your dog looks like a spacehip
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I've got the pet safety blinkers for my 3. They flas red, blue & white. I find its alot brighter than the halo.
Because mine have long manes is find it get hidden amongst their fur, which stops the visibilty.
The blinkers are really really bright & they hang lower than my dogs fur.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Jules1 View Post
I've got the pet safety blinkers for my 3. They flas red, blue & white. I find its alot brighter than the halo.
Because mine have long manes is find it get hidden amongst their fur, which stops the visibilty.
The blinkers are really really bright & they hang lower than my dogs fur.
I use these as well, and even though they hang at the chest of the dog they are really bright and they show up where-ever. and a visable from about 1 mile (not that i'd want my girls that far away from me in the dark.lol).
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
The Ancol Safety Halo was the worst one I've tried (and I've tried them all, I think) BUT that's beacuse I have heavy coated dogs and the collars just get lost under the fur. I suppose you might not have that problem with a Toller?
I can see that being a big problem as they have sometimes gotten under where the collar sits on my golden, if the dog has long hair then they are useless, but if the dog has short hair and it cant get hidden under it then I think they are quite good.

I quite like the one you have recommend, and see why thare called floodlights !
elvis's_Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I have the one from pets Smart, Matches the flashing lead shown on the website Sam1984 has attached.

Its great and lasted two years, although this year it needed a new battery! the lights do go all the way round he looks like a disco ball, but keeps him safe!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >