Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:01 AM

First chicken wings....

Well yesterday my doglets had their first chicken wings and oh my did it make me cringe!! That crunchy boney gnashing noise sent shivers through me!
Dizzy loved them and was chewing away quite happily with a smile on her face! Sasha on the other hand was not so sure and in the end Dizzy stole it off her! She was just licking and sniffing at it then she barked at it then walked away to eat her pigs ear she had burried!!!
So will she ever get used to them? And do you ever get used to that munchy crunchy boney noise!!!!
All in all one very happy puppy and a dog thats thinks ive lost my marbles!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:06 AM
well done you, thats the biggest scary bit over
It is a bit gruesome to start with but I like it now, to see my boy with a big happy face munching down chicken

I think your other pup will get used to it in time - once they figure out its food
I put peanut butter on bens for the 1st time, I also find that with some 'big' food he prefers it slightly cut up and raggy looking so he has somewhere to get started munching
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:07 AM
are they safe for dogs? can the bones not splinter im scared to even give my cats bones
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Hve never tried Tonks on raw meat and don't think i will......she is scared of the smell of the butchers! It's the only type of shop that she is scared of oddly enough! she also doesn't like the smell of the raw joint when my OH's mum cooks for us on the weekend.....very odd!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I find I generally have to tempt a new dog to touch raw wings by playing with them. Once they grab on, they soon get the idea.
I find giving a wing keeps their teeth wonderfully clean. My 14 yo dog`s teeth are perfect.