Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 05:59 AM

Morning everyone! (Tuesday)

Morning all,

A late start for me today – I have a meeting at 11 and it’s about an hour’s drive away, so I am working at home until 10am – fab

After the meeting, I have physio, and after that I will limp home.

Vanessa starts today, but Suzanne will be dealing with her and showing her the ropes. Let’s hope she’s not wrapping one of them around her neck by 4.30, eh?

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe!

Today’s gem :
A man walks into a bar. On the bar sits a big jar of twenty dollar bills. The man asks the bartender,"What's the deal with the jar of money?"

"Well", the bartender says,"I've got a horse tied up in the stable out back. This horse has never laughed in his life. You put a twenty in the jar, then if you can make my horse laugh, You win all the money!"

The man puts his twenty in the jar, and goes out to the stable. He comes back just a few minutes later, and you can hear the horse laughing all the way inside. The man takes his money and leaves.

About a year later, he goes back to the bar, and they've got another jar of twenties there.

"What's the deal now?" He asks.

"Well",the bartender says,"That damn horse won't stop laughing! So the first person who can make my horse stop laughing wins the money!"

The man pays his twenty, and goes out to the stable. He returns a few minutes later, and the horse is bawling his eyes out. He picks up his money and is about to leave when the bartender stops him.

"Alright", he says,"You have won an awful lot of money from me and I want to know how you did it!!"

"Easy", he says,"I made him laugh by saying mine was bigger than his, and I made him cry by proving it!!"
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Ha Ha! Caught you this morning! Enjoy your late start today Vicki. Dry and bright here this morning so far but as we had all 4 seasons yesterday, who knows what will happen today. Off out with the girls from work for tea tonight. Will make a nice change. Went to see my mother-in-law in hospital after work yesterday and she's full of h**l so know she's on the mend Have to continue my fight with SCS today about a missing part of the delivery, don't ask! Shall tell you all later! Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,

Loved this morning gem

Heavy frost here this morning and bitterly cold. Haven't got to be anywhere so it doesn't really matter. I just want the roofers to do some work. Got woken up at just after half six yesterday and they were gone by 10.30. Suppose I'm paying for endless tea breaks.

Have a great day everyone,

Julie and Teddy
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Morning Vicki, morning everyone

Blimey its chilly here today, just let the girls out and even they didnt look impressed

Kids are home from school for 2 weeks, Im on day 2 and they are already driving me potty, thats why I hope the sun comes out, then they can play in the garden

Have a good day everyone
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Ha Ha! Caught you this morning! Enjoy your late start today Vicki. Dry and bright here this morning so far but as we had all 4 seasons yesterday, who knows what will happen today. Off out with the girls from work for tea tonight. Will make a nice change. Went to see my mother-in-law in hospital after work yesterday and she's full of h**l so know she's on the mend Have to continue my fight with SCS today about a missing part of the delivery, don't ask! Shall tell you all later! Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Morning Jackie - good news on MiL x

Originally Posted by Teddysmum View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all,

Loved this morning gem

Heavy frost here this morning and bitterly cold. Haven't got to be anywhere so it doesn't really matter. I just want the roofers to do some work. Got woken up at just after half six yesterday and they were gone by 10.30. Suppose I'm paying for endless tea breaks.

Have a great day everyone,

Julie and Teddy
Morning Julie

Originally Posted by Clair View Post
Morning Vicki, morning everyone

Blimey its chilly here today, just let the girls out and even they didnt look impressed

Kids are home from school for 2 weeks, Im on day 2 and they are already driving me potty, thats why I hope the sun comes out, then they can play in the garden

Have a good day everyone
Morning Clair

The weather's cold and crispy here. Don't mind, as long as it stays dry.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Morning Vicki, it's sunny but very cold here. OH off today has to see Diabetic nurse later this morning, then we'll be off somewhere with the dogs..............looks like a wrap up warm day. have a good day hun xxxxxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Morning Vicki,
Morning All,

I have had one of the most emotionally draining nights of my life, I will explain it all in a seperate thread, but I left Adel last night. I stayed at Richard's with Icon on the bed because he wouldn't settle in the crate, so I've had about 5 hours sleep and I'm off to do a 10 hour shift! OH JOY!

WIll explain all later.....house hunting like crazy...... xxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Morning Vicki. All the kids back today so nipping out for a coffee first thing with a pal.Got taining this afternoon but it will depend on my knee if i go, 30 minutes drive there and back. Raining with sleet here so not nice weather anyway.

Rx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

It looks very chilly out there this morning, everything is very frosty, I'm glad I'm staying indoors

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All.

Dry, crisp and sunny here.

I've got a day off today The OH is in Germany on business so I took the day off, these are the ones that I love the most, please myself, no-one to bother about

I haven't got anything planned, probably a day on Dogsey without someone moaning in my ear about how long I've been on the Internet
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >