Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:05 PM

BBC2 Prog on SBT litter

Frankly I was very disappointed........
Having to watch an hours worth of people that imo should not be allowed dogs or children moan and whine about what a rough deal that life has given them.......
The one that 'couldn't afford' to get his puppy vaccinated so kept it shut in a room really made my blood boil!! 'I just need a push in the right direction' he said.....
I'll give him a push alright!!

But the program failed to follow up- so was pointless, we do not know how the dogs turned out, so I am wondering what the producers were trying to achieve?

Did anyone else watch?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I did, and well the woman obviously did not know anything about health tests, and I wonder who in america wanted one of the pups .

The woman with the Cane Corso I thought was a bit wierd, and it amazed me how it was allright for the man who kept the pup in the room to buy it, but when it needed rehoming it was the worst place possible for the pup to be in, I wonder if that had anything to do with the money drying up??

Also that guy with the white staff type dog in the park kicking it, well I wanted to reach through the telly and kick him!!!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:13 PM
People like that really should not be allowed to breed, it really upsets me, those poor puppies didn't stand a chance from the moment they were conceived!!

They were so beautiful through!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:29 PM
A spot-on social commentary and a slice of reality.
An essay on irresponsible dog ownership from start to end.
A heads-up to the many people involved in Staffy rescue, as to where and how the dogs are coming from.
A different angle on status and weapon dogs.
A very good example of the futility of breeding for money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Seven_People/

for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
But the program failed to follow up- so was pointless, we do not know how the dogs turned out, so I am wondering what the producers were trying to achieve?
I don't think it was pointless at all, it wasn't meant to be the the life story of the dogs just a snapshot of their puppy hood .

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
A heads-up to the many people involved in Staffy rescue, as to where and how the dogs are coming from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Seven_People/

for anyone who hasn't seen it.
I agree MM I couldn't have put it better, let's hope a few people who watched it take note before breeding, I doubt it though
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Sad.

rune
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post

Very eloquently put......
But I fail to see how and where the end was......
we did not see the puppies into maturity, we did not see if the circumstances introduced got resolved.
We did not see if any of the dogs were trained well, or indeed if they were used as status or weapon dogs......
Or even if they survived to maturity.....
i would have loved to have seen a rescue centers opinion on the situation.... and if any of those beautiful puppies ended up there........
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I don't think it was pointless at all, it wasn't meant to be the the life story of the dogs just a snapshot of their puppy hood .

I agree MM I couldn't have put it better, let's hope a few people who watched it take note before breeding, I doubt it though
I think if anything it will just show those types of people (sorry that sounds horribly snobby but can't think of another way to put it..) just how stupidly easy it is to try and make money out of their dogs and will just put ideas in their heads!!
I know the breeder admitted she made no money- but that won't stop others thinking that they can!!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Sad.

rune
Very, isn't it!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I hope it opened some eyes.

It was a shame that the recue crisis wasn't mentioned but then, maybe by avoiding anything remotely 'preachy', it had an even greater impact where it's most needed.

Surely no one could watch it without seeing the dangers, the downsides and the ethical dilemmas that the BYB of staffies entails.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »