View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I doubt the westie would have been quiet. I've not met a quiet one yet.
Becky
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't think it was the dog. When I worked in insurance claims we had a claim from someone who lost their finger tip in the actual letterbox, the flap took the tip off. I would have thought if the dog had bitten right through it would have chewed or swallowed the fingertip.
Becky
I used to deliver papers as a kid and hated them springloaded letterboxes cause you always got the impression they would tear your fingers off! Got nipped a few times which bloody hurts,but didnt loose any digits.

There were however homes with dogs inside who would be going bannanas as i was pushing the paper through so i'd leave it hanging half in half out instead,but was amusing to see through the frosted glass it being reduced to confetti...
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Sorry Hahahahahahahahahaahaha.
We get so much junk through our letter box that was my reaction as well!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I doubt the westie would have been quiet. I've not met a quiet one yet.
Becky
That's what I thought, why would the dog attack but be quiet before hand, but apparently it was asleep at the front door. I can understand if the dog was hard of hearing or something and was startled but I know that Takara, the only one of my dallies who bothers with the post would have heard her coming down the path even if she were fast asleep.

You're right though Hevvur I'd be surprised if it took the finger so quick, don't get me wrong I know terriers can be feisty but aren't they bred to 'rag' things rather than just bite it off. Surely it would've gotten hold of the woman's finger and ragged it? Of course, I've never had terriers so wouldn't know.

Perhaps she's just too embarassed to say she cut it off with the letter box, and what's more why did she not knock on the door and explain to the owner what had happened? Surely she'd have wanted the 'good half an inch' of finger back to have it reattached?

The more I think about it, the more sceptical I am, I'm afraid...
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears View Post
Years ago I used to run my own Slimming Club and I was out putting some leaflets through doors.

Normally, I was very careful for just that reason, in case a dog bit my fingers.

Anyway, at one door I must have lost concentration and I put my fingers through the letterbox, whereupon the leaflet was pushed back through the letterbox and I felt something huge and furry at my fingers !

It made me jump and I pulled my hand back quick and I looked down (it was a slightly frosted glass door) to see this huge Newfoundland sitting staring back out at me.

He hadn't attempted to bite, it was just that I felt his fur as his big head pushed this leaflet back to me !

I put it back through the letterbox again and he just gazed at it falling to the floor and promptly put his head down and presumably went back to the sleep from which I had awakened him !

Made me smile, i think that perfectly summs up a newfoundland.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2