Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by murphydog
hi i work part time with police dogs and worked full time training police dogs for 5 years so hopefully i can put your minds at rest as too what will happen to this dog! when a police dog bite a member of the public in a uncontrolled attack which this sound like ,the dog will immediatley be took off active patrol ie the handler will not be able to take the dog on duty with him,the dog and handler will then have to repeat a 12 week retraining course,all police dogs and handlers have to pass a strict course and test to gain a licience to go out on patrol if the dog fails this then its suitability for the service will be assessed,most fully trained police dogs are rehomed to their handlers or to game keepers,or experience dog handlers like myself,untrained police dogs are rehomed to members of the public
Thanks for that Murphydog, that's interesting
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 12:06 PM
ooo scary stuff it makes you worried to go out at all ,imagine if the dog had attacked a child in the same way ,i'll be interested to hear any futher news on this .
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3