Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 03:50 PM

Decomposing fox - how should I dispose?

Hi guys

really horrible smell coming from next door neighbours garden so went to investigate and their is a decomposing fox in their flower bed.

whats the best way to dispose of this ???

any ideas appreciated

thanks
dani
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:01 PM
You aren't going to be disposing of it at all!!! You're pregnant for God's sake, you shouldn't be getting too personal with anything that unsavoury. If your neighbours aren't doing anything about it you probably ought to call the council, as I'm sure they are equipped to deal with this kind of situation.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Why can't the neighbours dispose of it? Are they away?

Call the council they'll sort it out. Don't go too close just in case it's carrying anything nasty

Oh and don't let Bruno get hold of it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:09 PM
thanks guys - dont worry I wasnt going to attempt it - thats what husbands are for !

I have called the council so will see if they can come out and sort it

thanks
dani
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:15 PM
i am hoping that Bruno hasnt got anywhere near it - he was really sniffing the fence line loads but hasnt actually been in the neighbours garden.

Its really horrid - now idea how the neighbour hasnt smelt it as I smelt it yesterday but thought it was the drains due to all the rain.

Just spoke to the policeman that lives opposite and he said to call the council and insist they come out due to me being pregnant etc.

havent actually got close enough to make sure its a fox and not a cat - but its fox coloured so assume its a fox and havent heard of any missing cats.

Really sad as it makes you wonder what happened to it. Hope it wasnt anything that Bruno is responsible for - wouldnt have thought so though cos he hasnmt been here since Friday.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Might have been hit by a car and dragged itself somwhere quiet to die I do hope it's not an irish terrier
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 04:22 PM
thats exactly what I was thinking = cos its the same colourings really isnt it - but pretty sure its a fox as is quite small. Makes me sad to see something dead though.

Just spokje to council and they have said its a PRIORITY case so will be out asap - wonder how long that actually means !!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Dont worry too much about the Fox Dani cause when they're ill or simply dying through old age-they like to go somewhere quiet.Foxes get in fights with other foxes all the time and infection can set in quickly so i doubt Bruno was to blame.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Just out of curiosity Dani, why can't the neighbours get rid?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Just out of curiosity Dani, why can't the neighbours get rid?

its a single bloke and I think he just didnt notice the smell as with the bad weather over last couple of days he obviously hasnt been out in his garden. But I have the windows open and they open out over his garden and it was horrid !! Also we have been outside working on the extension but I have no idea how he didnt notice the smell !!

when i realised what it was I just wanted to act as quickly as poss as neighbour doent get home til later at night