Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Wow an awful lot of 'I'm not a cat hater but....' kind of posts.

As has been said there's not a great deal you can do about it so just chill. My dogs get wound up by cats but come on, that's MY problem. My Mally also gets wound up by birds - maybe we should ban them?
Lets ban everything, because lets face it something will always upset someones dog!

Its a cat not a blummin' crocodile and I think a bit of perspective is required.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Lets ban everything, because lets face it something will always upset someones dog!

Its a cat not a blummin' crocodile and I think a bit of perspective is required.
Whilst we are at it - I hate butterflies - please can we ban them?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Whilst we are at it - I hate butterflies - please can we ban them?
Can we ban wasps too please.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, I am afraid that from now on I shall pick up all the offending cat poo - and there is a lot of it over the course of a week - and deposit it equally and fairly on the front doorsteps of the houses that the cats come from Yes, I do know who they belong to.

I also know which cat it was that caught and killed ten of my fish (for ages I was flummoxed thinking that it must be a snake or something getting them, as a heron could not have fished through the only available gap....then one night I caught the culprit red pawed as it flipped a fish out), and would dearly love to present a bill for replacements, but won't of course because this is "just something we have to accept".

As for Jimmi, I will try explaining to him that he must just put up with the things he hates most in the world invading his territory every night.......not sure he will listen though!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I have a fox regularly visit the front garden often leaving a calling card

The birds tend to bath in the front flower bed leaving a mess on the path

My front garden is open plan and laid to lawn with fancy borders containing shrubs. The shrubs are often trampled by dogs (whose owners think it's ok to let them onto gardens <sigh>)

Cats visit too, but funnily enough make less mess than all the others put together

Live and let live - it can annoy, but life's too short to spend too much time worrying about it
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I think a huge number of issues could be solved if we just banned people.....
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Well, I am afraid that from now on I shall pick up all the offending cat poo - and there is a lot of it over the course of a week - and deposit it equally and fairly on the front doorsteps of the houses that the cats come from Yes, I do know who they belong to.

I also know which cat it was that caught and killed ten of my fish (for ages I was flummoxed thinking that it must be a snake or something getting them, as a heron could not have fished through the only available gap....then one night I caught the culprit red pawed as it flipped a fish out), and would dearly love to present a bill for replacements, but won't of course because this is "just something we have to accept".

As for Jimmi, I will try explaining to him that he must just put up with the things he hates most in the world invading his territory every night.......not sure he will listen though!
Are you looking out into your garden at all times then? because I can't imagine knowing exactly which cats are defecating unless you are.

You could deposit it on the doorstep of their owners but ultimately what will that achieve? it isn't going to stop the cats.

The cats are not "invading" anything -- they have ZERO concept of what is your garden and what is not!
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I think a huge number of issues could be solved if we just banned people.....
This sounds like the best solution so far!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Louise
Not trying to argue, just curious as to how cat owners justify such things but. WHY ON EARTH should I have to spend money to prevent someone elses pet from defacing my property? And what on earth does the size of the crap have to do with it? Cat urine is equally offensive as far as I'm concerned, perhaps more so becase I have no way of picking it up! There are definitely irresponsible disgusting people who let their dogs poo on the street and don't remove it, but because I am not one of those people that doesn't apply to me and I can therefore still justifiably be annoyed by cats in my garden!
Why indeed spend money when it's easy enough to deter them for next to nothing

Spread citrus peel round your garden - will eventually rot and be good compost cars don't like citrus fruit

Half fill empty plastic bottles with water & place strategically about the garden, some say to put into the earth about 2 inches deep. Cats don't like the reflections which is caused y he effect the water has in the bottle

Invest in a water pistol & when you see one, squirt. Cats dislike water
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Can we ban wasps too please.
Definitely with you there Dawn!
Page 10 of 23 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »