Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2011, 03:08 PM

I saw this stud dog advert!

Just been into PAH to get Milie some chews, and saw this advert on the notice board.

Stud dog.......

Pug.... from champion crufts lines...

For stud , to pugs...........300

Other breeds .........200....

Beggars belief,
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, at least stud to other breeds is cheaper
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

17-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Well, at least stud to other breeds is cheaper
He probably has to do it with his eyes closed for them...

...or put a brown paper bag over their heads...

[Hat on - gone!]
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
He probably has to do it with his eyes closed for them...

...or put a brown paper bag over their heads...

[Hat on - gone!]
Maybe he does not have to put as much effort into producing X breeds!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:55 PM
'To other breeds'...LOL!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Idiots, shouldnt be studding at all if thats the way he has to go about advertising.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Can I say something controvertial? IMHO Pugs are one of those few breeds that are soooo unhealthy that cross breeding is actually doing the breed a favour.
I believe if it was done properly with proper health testing of both breeds (NOT just to jump on the designer cross breed fad) then I think it would be better off for the breed as a whole!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Huskies View Post
Can I say something controvertial? IMHO Pugs are one of those few breeds that are soooo unhealthy that cross breeding is actually doing the breed a favour.
I believe if it was done properly with proper health testing of both breeds (NOT just to jump on the designer cross breed fad) then I think it would be better off for the breed as a whole!
where as I can understand your opinion I cant fully agree. Cross a Pug with another breed in this situation doesnt make the pedigree, pure bred Pugs any healthier so it does NOTHING for the over all breed. - Just starts more DD breeds.

- If this was a decent, ethical breeder out crossing to another breed that compliment the Pug but worked on the 'issues' (not that I am myself saying there are any issues within the breed!) then I would be all for it. - as in the long run the breeder would be working to improve the breed, and after a few generations the KC might allow registeration again.

- Out crossing to other breeds can cause problems its self with tempermant, conformation and bring in health issues. Its most certainly not something to be taken lightly..well no sort of breeding is.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

17-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Huskies View Post
have to disagree, SOME pugs are unhealthy, good breeders of pugs will ensure they are breeding from good health tested dogs,

Someone advertising in a shop (no mention of any form of health) will not be taking the same precautions... so breeding an unsuitable pug to any other breed is not going to make the offsprings any healthier.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
where as I can understand your opinion I cant fully agree. Cross a Pug with another breed in this situation doesnt make the pedigree, pure bred Pugs any healthier so it does NOTHING for the over all breed. - Just starts more DD breeds.

- If this was a decent, ethical breeder out crossing to another breed that compliment the Pug but worked on the 'issues' (not that I am myself saying there are any issues within the breed!) then I would be all for it. - as in the long run the breeder would be working to improve the breed, and after a few generations the KC might allow registeration again.

- Out crossing to other breeds can cause problems its self with tempermant, conformation and bring in health issues. Its most certainly not something to be taken lightly..well no sort of breeding is.
Thats what I was getting at.. a carefully planned and health tested outcrossing with pugs to a breed like the Chihuahua with very few health problems within the breed, would help with a number of health problems within the pug lines which would ultimatly make the pugs healthier... like they have done over in America with the Dalmations and the pointers.
I think it was a VERY good day for pedigree dogs everwhere when the KC accepted the Dally pointer girl onto the registry.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >